Friday, February 26, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
ok...this has been going on for months...not regularly...UNTIL NOW. For the last two weeks...Isaac wakes up screaming. Not just once or twice....but, 15-20 times a night. Seriously...every 10-15 minutes. NOW, he's still in the crib beside my bed. So, the first scream (not gently cry), I get up, find his paci, tap his bum a few times, and tell him "good night". Then, in 15 more minutes, he'll scream...I'll get back up, give him his paci, and tell him that I am NOT getting him out of the crib and that he needs to go back to sleep. (now, I'm always checking the diaper, the head for fevers, checking to see if he's too hot or cold, checking the nose for snot...)then...if there's no problem...covering him up and going back to bed. BUT, this has been going on for TWO WEEKS NOW...where I am not getting any sleep and neither is Isaac.
- Night terrors or nightmares? How would I know...he can't tell me. If I put him in my bed...it helps for about an hour...then, he continues to wake up screaming. (and...I don't want to start sleeping with me and trying to break that habit--nor, do I want Joe to roll over and squish him)
- Leg pains? Common in DiGeorge kids. BUT, he can't tell me what hurts. I'll have to research it...but, I don't think anything shows up on xrays...and I have tried giving him Motrin before bed...doesn't help.
- Heart?? I know his heart beats faster than normal. AND, I've often told our card that I think he has moments where it beats faster than HIS normal, and I think that's what causes him to scream out and sometimes throw up. He's only worn a holter monitor for 24 hours...I might suggest wearing one longer (just to rule this one out).
- Oxygen levels?? I've been checking his levels before he goes to bed. He's been about 93-94...right at HIS level. So, I haven't been putting the o2 up his nose at night...BUT, could it be falling at night...does he have apnea? (he's never had a sleep study done). The canula just makes him so made and he wiggles so much at night that I'm still up all during the night unwrapping it from around his neck. (maybe I should put it on him tonight and see)
- He's just two?? Is he just smart enough now to know that he'd rather sleep with me and will scream until I cave in?? I use to think this..but, even in my bed, he wakes up screaming. So, I'm not sure about this one.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
- Loves to play in the toilet
- Loves to play in the shower
- Loves to eat shoes
- Loves to play in the refrigerator
- Loves to play "itsy bitsy spider"
- Loves to scream if I am on the phone
- Loves to scream if we close the bathroom and don't let him in
- Loves to scream if we close the fridge and don't let him in
- Loves to scream if we close the shoe closet before he gets a taste
- Loves to scream if you don't play itsy bitsy spider 67 times in a row