Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
I have a sleeping THREE year old on my lap...so, I'm making this short and sweet:
First of all...my baby is three years old! I STILL can't believe it!
OK, ok....I made a BOLD move. Yep...Chris moved down the hall to an empty room, and that left Eli alone in a room with bunkbeds. SO, Joe was working late, and I took apart Isaac's crib and squeezed it beside the bunkbeds...and now...they are roommates! Last night was the first night. Isaac didn't cry ONCE! Now, he has a JUNKY cough...so, I was running in the room all night checking on him, giving him breathing treatments while he slept...but, that stinker didn't wake up all night long!
SO...did you catch that? The COUGH is back! uggh.. SO, we went to the peds this afternoon. AND...of course we'd have another ear infection and sinus infection (just due to all the dirt and pollen in the air). Another round of antibiotics and we should be great. All these allergies are making him SUPER mucusy, which makes him throw up. (yuck)
This morning...we went to see the great and powerful Dr. Mayman (our card). Isaac's numbers are remaining constant. He's slightly narrowed in the pa department, and his valve leakage is moderate...NO SURGERY should be needed this year! No need to see our favorite doc again for 6 more months!
I haven't really seen Chris. The boys are on spring break and he's held up in his room, sitting in his gamer chair (in his underwear), with his headset on, just playing away.
and Eli. I feel bad that we haven't done anything fun YET this week...but, this kiddo is easily entertained. We watched, "minute to win it" together tonight and then...he just sat on the couch and read the scriptures to me. Seriously...this kid is SO unbelievable sometimes. He KNOWS what he's reading...not just the words, but he comprehends it...and sees the deeper meaning.
I'm excited about what the future holds for this little man.
Now...I'm just holding Isaac (he's feeling warm and still coughing up a lung)...but, asleep...
Joe and Eli are eating popcorn...and American Idol is on!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
I can't even believe that it's been THREE years since we met this little guy.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
JUST when I think I've had a long day...and my kids can't beat me up anymore...I fall asleep and wake up to discover that they have DONE THAT VERY THING.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Can I just say:
- Isaac STILL has a runny nose and congested cough (I think it's just allergies)
- Isaac transitioned out of Early Interventions today
- I got Isaac into a new PT, OT, and Speech therapy center...they can see him tomorrow. OF course he would be sick! (let's hope we make our appointment)
- Eli called me from school today and said, "mom...I vomited"
- I wonder how many days he's missed from school this year?? (i'm sure I'll be getting a letter in the mail soon)
- Eli now has a croupy cough, wheezing, and just sounds horrible. (even after neb treatments and steroid inhaler)
- I will need to make an appointment with the peds for Eli tomorrow
- Chris is doing BAD in three classes...I took his Xbox360 hostage until further notice.
- I need gas in my minivan and forgot to get it today.
- I have a lunch date tomorrow with my FAVORITE ladies from Early Interventions! (yep..I just might bring my sick kids...because we NEED to go!)
- Isaac was up again ALL night. (with only minimal kicks to my head and/or back area)
- and yes...Eli is at the foot of my bed tonight
- I had dinner tonight with my friend Stephanie and her kiddos (kids eat FREE on Monday's at Jason's Deli!) We ALL ate for $6.00!
- My pool is green, I have weeds in my backyard, our ping-pong table is damaged due to the rain...BUT, I did discover a pair of perfectly good crocs hidden amidst the mud.
- I bought both Twilight movies this weekend...and we watched them last night.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
- By Annual review, Isaac will demonstrate function grasp when using crayons/pencils
- By Annual review, Isaac will scoop materials with spoon/shovel
- By six month review, Isaac will stand at furniture to interact with play activity
- By Annual review, Isaac WILL WALK with or without assistive devices!
- By six month review, Isaac will learn and follow educational routine (like, go to circle time)
- By six month review, Isaac will engage in back-and -forth play (like rolling a ball)
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Let's just say...
Monday, March 15, 2010
Can I just say that i STILL haven't pulled out the camera...
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- Isaac was UP ALL night again! Who knows...I think he just wants to snuggle...but, I'm afraid that Joe's going to roll over on him and squish him and he just makes me all sweaty laying right under me.
- I am SUPPOSE to get up at 5:30...but, somehow I slept through my alarm clock and didn't wake up until 6:15, when Chris' friend calls to tell him that he waited long enough and he's gone to seminary without him (it starts at 6:00am)
- Chris whines that he's just SO tired and wants to take a personal day.
- I go back to sleep for an hour.
- I wake up and get Eli and Isaac dressed. We have the lunch box packed, teeth brushed, Isaac ready...and I walk outside...MY VAN HAS A FLAT TIRE!
- I text Joe....it's a good thing he drove his motorcycle to work today...I can drive his car.
- Joe texts me back, "I saw the flat...that's why I drove the motorcycle. I didn't have time to put air in the tire, left the air compressor by the garage door."
- hmmm....so, I take Eli to school in the car. Come home, and plug in my air compressor and put air in MY TIRE and drive it to Walmart so they can fix it.
- Chris, Isaac, and I walk home from Walmart (it's only about a mile).
- I'm suppose to meet my friends this morning to play with beads! BUT, I need to bring a salad. I rush to Vons where the lettuce is on sale for $0.99 a bag and the salad dressing is FREE...(what a good day this is turning out to be NOW!)
- Rush back home, mix up my salad, change a poopy diaper, load up the feeding pump and spend some fabulous time with friends and beads! (and eat a super yummy lunch with them)
- Leave my friends in time to pick up my high schoolers (my Chris is at home).
- Get home to feed Isaac his 2:00 feed
- Head out to pick up Eli at 3:00
- I then realize that I have Walgreens register rewards that are going to expire today (that's like throwing away money!). So, Eli, Isaac, and I stop by Walmart to pay my $10 for fixing my tire (leaving the van there) and do a little clearance shopping (leaving the store only spending $5.00!)
- I should make dinner...I decide to pull a fast one on the kids. I defrost ground TURKEY and start making "hamburgers". I didn't buy any buns, but... I did buy these thin whole grain round sandwich bread thingies for Joe...and so, that was our bun. I baked fries...the kids ate the WHOLE THING! They have NEVER eatten a meal so healthy before!
- Eli goes to take a bath, Chris hides in his room...and I decide that Isaac needs a hair cut.
- Joe takes me to Walmart to pick up my van. Tires look good now.
- It's 9:00pm now...the big boys are in bed...Isaac is looking good playing with his toys, and Joe is at Jujitsu practice (don't ask).