Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
We did it...
- All of our boxes would NOT fit in the moving truck (that the moving company sent.) Thus, requiring them to send ANOTHER biGGER truck the next day, unloadind it ALL in my culde sac, and reLOAD the entire house. (it did fit after stuffing some remaining items in Chris' car that would be towed by another company)
- The car company towing Chris' car called...very angry with me. It appears that you are NOT suppose to load a car down...THUS, an additional charge of $400 would be imposed on me:(
- We HAD to spend the night after the movers couldn't get the first truck loaded. Our hotel accepted pets (GREAT!)...yeah, with a $50 pet FEE! (my behind!...I quick went back to our empty house and dropped off sweet Katie with food and water)
- FINALLY...we hit the road. Make it to Bakersfield, CA. LaQuinta Inn's take pets...we stop. OH SNAP! (doors on the outside of the MOtel...we can't stay there!) Go across the street to Holiday Inn Express....SO pretty...but, NO pets! BACK to LaQuinta Inn...splurge for the suite (so, it's the NICEST room in the Motel). Open the door...nice furniture, nice bedding, clean bathroom....YUCKIER THAN YUCKY stains on the floor! (almost puked!) It was TOO late to find another place. Put kids to bed...and I kept my FLIP FLOPS on the entire time! (still feeling gross about that one!)
- Wake up...it's raining. No problemo...I did remember to change my wiper blades. EXCEPT, they weren't working on the DRIVER's Side! Go to Pep Boys...they save the day and fix my wiper arm!!! (awesome guys!)
- WHEW....it's like 10am and we can FINALLY hit the road. We drive thru McDonald's...get our breakfast. Chris grabs a can of coke from the cooler and it EXPLODES ALL OVER US IN THE FRONT SEAT! (i think a bad word did spill from my lips...sorry). After multiple baby wipes and paper towels...we ONCE AGAIN try to head out~
- No real issues during the day...until we reach Portland! OH MY GOSH..I almost had a panic attack driving up I-5...those bridges are SO STINKin' high! I had to pull my hair to cover the sides of my face, look straight ahead...and not EVEN look to my side! (I am SO afraid of heights!)
- We drove all night (whatever night it was) until about 2am to make it to our new house and to Joe. (Although he was glad to see us...it appeared that he was not TOO terribly happy to be blowing up air mattresses and hear screaming at that hour. I think he was in "quiet" for too long!) Don't worry...we've fixed that!
- ahh...The movers met us at the house the next morning. AFTER hours and hours of unloading...the house is ready for me to start unpacking (i do NOT like that part of moving).
- Friday night...I'm doing dishes, laundry...and hear a noise. It appears there's a water leak...IN THE WALL! The downstairs is SUPER WET! We call the property manager...they send someone right over...BUT...that means I have to wash dishes in the bathroom sink.
- I am STILL washing dishes in the bathroom sink...(and it's TUESDAY).
- On Friday morning, I was washing dishes (before I had to stop)...and a DEER walked right in front of the window! (scared me to DEATH!) Anyway...there's a mom and two baby deer that just wonder around the neighborhood (and eat apples off our apple trees). too cute...
Monday, October 04, 2010
I KNOW that you'd like to see pictures..
especially YOU Joe....
BUT...I have SO much left to get ready for the move! OH MY GOODNESS....
we have WAY too many clothes...WAY too much junk.
I'll TRY to remember to take pictures of the "after"...and maybe some "during" pics.
BUT..the boys are already withdrawn from school...
and the movers will be at our house on Monday morning at 9am...
fingers crossed that they can fit it all in ONE truck!