We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, April 11, 2007



It was a pretty uneventful Wednesday. I got Isaac to drink 22cc's from his squeeze bottle this morning...and the rest was put in the feeding tube. Then, we had kangaroo time (where he lays on my chest)...for TWO hours...that's a little long to sit in one place, but was sweet! Then we started our noon feedings and his heart rate was a little higher than normal, so we skipped the bottle feeding and just put it in the tube. For our afternoon feeding, we pulled out the squeeze bottle...and this time he was too anxious to feed...and he wouldn't take enough breaths...so, then his sats (oxygen levels) went down to 60 (they should be 100--but his are staying in the low 90s)...so, after 10ccs we went again to the feeding tube. Joe made it to the hospital with the boys for the dinner feeding. He got Isaac to drink 20cc's!!! The boys finally got to see their new little brother!!! Eli kept saying how CUTE he was....I'm glad...I was worried that he might not like him because he doesn't like babies. Now the boys are home...and it's juggling time! We have another nice nurse caring for Isaac this evening...maybe she can wave her magic wand and get him to eat for her!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Kat, I called to check on the boys tonight but I'm glad they finally got to see Isaac. I am sending out toys for the older three. I have off the second and third weekends in May so let me know when you need me to come visit. And yes, I will kiss Maggie Moo for you.

The Jones Family said...

You are doing it!!! Hang in there. I know things must seem like they're at a stand still and getting old real fast...but you are doing an AWESOME job! All these things, I'm sure are part of "the plan" and boy do you make it look easy :)....and I KNOW it is NOT! Keep it up, you're doing great!! We love you....and if we can do anything..

Grandma Judy said...

Kat,
I'm glad that the boys are back at home. I know how much they missed you. Looks like he is just doing things "his way". As you know this is a family trait too! Good luck with scheduling the 3 boys activities. Remember, there are friends and nannies out there that can help when you need them. You also have available two pretty good Grandma's on the east coast for whenever you need them. Just give us a call.
Oh, I still think they put too much tape on his little face!
That's a "Grandma" viewpoint.
MOM