We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, April 02, 2007




Joe and I spent the day with butterball Isaac. He slept all day long...and I held him all day long!!! His heart rate and respiratory rate were much better today...so, maybe we can start working on bottle feeds again tomorrow. They increased his ng feeds to 30cc every 3 hours (30cc equals 1 ounce)...He weighs 6 lbs8ozs now...(no more puffy face). He had another x-ray that showed his lung was still collapsed, but he gets therapy where they're working on that. Isaac is going to be seen by an immunologist tomorrow (because a low immune system is common with DiGeorge kids). We get to change all of Isaac's diapers and check his temp. every 3 hours!!! (who would have thought we'd be excited about changing a poop diaper...but, it's GREAT!) Jodi came by to see us today (our friend from church)...and she'll pass the word about how cute he is!!! It was really an uneventful day...just rocking a happy, sleepy baby!! (we couldn't have asked for a better day!) Chris and Eli went to the movies today and they had fun. They still haven't met their new brother.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Will a pulmonologist be seeing him too... if so ... Dr. Nakamura is the GREATEST!

You look sooo adorable w/ your baby. This is the first time I've actually seen you!!

If I can get my mom to come and sit w/ Matthew next week.. I'll run over... it'll be fun to see you and the little man ...
and it'll be fun to see all the nurses and docs we love so much there.

Mandy said...

Alright Kat, if this is the only way to chat with you then I may have to drive over Friday and visit. I hate to say it but Joe looks cute with the baby. Yeah, you do also. Take care and maybe I'll pop in this weekend. (don't worry, if I come I'll leave the kids behind.)