OH...I SO wish I had a picture to show you..but, let's close our eyes and use our imaginations:
Monday, December 20, 2010
Thursday, December 09, 2010
Monday, December 06, 2010
Wednesday, December 01, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 08, 2010
Shoot....I can't remember where we left off.
Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Monday, November 01, 2010
That's a pic of us at the pumkin patch...
yes..I am HUGE, Isaac is NOT cooperating, Chris is always striking a pose,
and Eli just loves to smile!
and the wall...those are the little apple trees that the deer eat off of.
SO...when Chris is walking Kate at night and he looks up...
those deer FREAK him out!
We have some things to get use to...it's SO cloudy..that the darn glow in the dark stars I put on Eli's ceiling NEVER glow at night...because they don't get any SUNLIGHT during the day.
Apparently, you can't put a roast down the garbage disposal...because then it backs up into the basement sink and overflows and causes a flood...that then, takes THREE bottles of draino, some plunging, and prayers to get to unclogged.
Also, it appears that Low-Flow toilets are standard in homes here. Maybe it's one flush per toilet square?
I need to mow the grass (now that we have a new lawn mower)...when it stops raining...next year.
I need to clean the bathrooms...but, I can't find my box of cleaning supplies and I reFUSE to buy anymore (you know I have about 30 bottles!)
I can't upload pictures from my camera...because, my camera is DEAD...and I can't find my charger (it's in yet another box somewhere...possibly with the missing cleaning supplies)
and...I ate a WHOLE pumpkin pie today.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
We did it...
- All of our boxes would NOT fit in the moving truck (that the moving company sent.) Thus, requiring them to send ANOTHER biGGER truck the next day, unloadind it ALL in my culde sac, and reLOAD the entire house. (it did fit after stuffing some remaining items in Chris' car that would be towed by another company)
- The car company towing Chris' car called...very angry with me. It appears that you are NOT suppose to load a car down...THUS, an additional charge of $400 would be imposed on me:(
- We HAD to spend the night after the movers couldn't get the first truck loaded. Our hotel accepted pets (GREAT!)...yeah, with a $50 pet FEE! (my behind!...I quick went back to our empty house and dropped off sweet Katie with food and water)
- FINALLY...we hit the road. Make it to Bakersfield, CA. LaQuinta Inn's take pets...we stop. OH SNAP! (doors on the outside of the MOtel...we can't stay there!) Go across the street to Holiday Inn Express....SO pretty...but, NO pets! BACK to LaQuinta Inn...splurge for the suite (so, it's the NICEST room in the Motel). Open the door...nice furniture, nice bedding, clean bathroom....YUCKIER THAN YUCKY stains on the floor! (almost puked!) It was TOO late to find another place. Put kids to bed...and I kept my FLIP FLOPS on the entire time! (still feeling gross about that one!)
- Wake up...it's raining. No problemo...I did remember to change my wiper blades. EXCEPT, they weren't working on the DRIVER's Side! Go to Pep Boys...they save the day and fix my wiper arm!!! (awesome guys!)
- WHEW....it's like 10am and we can FINALLY hit the road. We drive thru McDonald's...get our breakfast. Chris grabs a can of coke from the cooler and it EXPLODES ALL OVER US IN THE FRONT SEAT! (i think a bad word did spill from my lips...sorry). After multiple baby wipes and paper towels...we ONCE AGAIN try to head out~
- No real issues during the day...until we reach Portland! OH MY GOSH..I almost had a panic attack driving up I-5...those bridges are SO STINKin' high! I had to pull my hair to cover the sides of my face, look straight ahead...and not EVEN look to my side! (I am SO afraid of heights!)
- We drove all night (whatever night it was) until about 2am to make it to our new house and to Joe. (Although he was glad to see us...it appeared that he was not TOO terribly happy to be blowing up air mattresses and hear screaming at that hour. I think he was in "quiet" for too long!) Don't worry...we've fixed that!
- ahh...The movers met us at the house the next morning. AFTER hours and hours of unloading...the house is ready for me to start unpacking (i do NOT like that part of moving).
- Friday night...I'm doing dishes, laundry...and hear a noise. It appears there's a water leak...IN THE WALL! The downstairs is SUPER WET! We call the property manager...they send someone right over...BUT...that means I have to wash dishes in the bathroom sink.
- I am STILL washing dishes in the bathroom sink...(and it's TUESDAY).
- On Friday morning, I was washing dishes (before I had to stop)...and a DEER walked right in front of the window! (scared me to DEATH!) Anyway...there's a mom and two baby deer that just wonder around the neighborhood (and eat apples off our apple trees). too cute...
Monday, October 04, 2010
I KNOW that you'd like to see pictures..
especially YOU Joe....
BUT...I have SO much left to get ready for the move! OH MY GOODNESS....
we have WAY too many clothes...WAY too much junk.
I'll TRY to remember to take pictures of the "after"...and maybe some "during" pics.
BUT..the boys are already withdrawn from school...
and the movers will be at our house on Monday morning at 9am...
fingers crossed that they can fit it all in ONE truck!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
We went to see my MOST favorite neurologist today (Dr. Raja if you're in Vegas looking for a good one). ANYWAY....he watched the videos and told me that this is just a new mannerism that Isaac is exhibiting. BUT...if those movements start becoming rhythmic...then, it could be a seizure and I must return.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
OK...Isaac started doing this wierd thing lately where he makes a funny fist...and puts his arm behind his head...(like he's not in control of his arm) and then he cries.
and here's a video where he puts his his arm behind his head (I know the gabba gabba episode makes it look like he's washing his hair..but he isn't. This is what he starts to do before he starts the rocking.)
Saturday, September 18, 2010
- Isaac is STILL sick
- Eli is STILL sick (missing three days of school)
- Christopher continues to sneak calls to his new girl at ALL hours of the night (putting me on guard duty at all hours)
- Joe was gone all week in WA looking for us a house
Chris started looking at the pictures and said:
Saturday, September 11, 2010
SO...here's the short list of recent events:
- Joe got the job!
- AND...we're MOVING....
- TO Aberdeen, Washington (yes...Washington STATE!)
- Joe is NOT home...he's up in WA, looking for us a HOUSE!
- Chris turned 16...still hasn't been on that first date yet (but, actively looking)
- Isaac is sick...
- of course he is...snot, coughing, gagging, throwing up...
- Eli and I watched Furry Vengeance tonight (super cute...that teenager reminds me of Chris)
- I started boxing up the house today...WHEW...that's going to be a JOB!
- and...I need to load the dishwasher...but, don't tell if I don't do it until tomorrow!
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
***Christopher turns 16 on September 9th! I can't believe he's that old! How is that even possible? We're taking him to Chinese Buffet for dinner on Thursday (a surprise for him). AND...if you KNOW Chris...this is HEAVEN to him. We stopped going to this one restaurant when they raised the prices to $20 a person and started busing in Japanese tourists. HOPEFULLY, there will NOT be BUSLOADS of tourists...and he eats $20 worth of noodles (because, that's all he eats).
Aren't the days just speeding past? Oh MY GOODNESS! This weekend was a whirlwind...
on Saturday...we started at 5am with a yard sale...which, was CRAZY BUSY! We were wiped out by 9am! Later that day, Eli and I went to some baptisms of cute kiddos from church, Joe and I then snuck out to meet a cute young man that just returned from his mission, and then we went BACK to church where we were able to attend another baptism where Joe sang the most beautiful song.
Sunday...we made it to church! Joe taught his class, and...lucky for me...Isaac slept through the entire 3 hour block of church (which, also meant that I didn't get my Sunday afternoon nap:(
I really don't know which I prefer....quiet during church...or a family nap?
Monday...Let Labor day begin! Joe, the kids, and I had the entire house cleaned by noon...
and then, I napped!
Therapies are back in full swing, home school for Isaac, scouts have started back up...
I am SO glad that I don't have the boys in sports this season....where would the time be for that??
Have I told you that I'm working on a costume for my niece? A pink flamingo. It's SO stinkin' cute. Well...I've been working on it for MONTHS...and I STILL haven't finished it.
Megan...I'll get into my sewing room and finish it this week...I PROMISE!
AND...you guys KNOW that I have a shopping problem...and I am having a REALLY hard time NOT shopping the deals like I do and stocking up on all the freebies that I know I can get...because, THEN...I''ll have to pack it up and box it up and PAY to move it.
AND...another confession...I am ADDICTED to the Housewives. All of them! They make me laugh and crack up and ....oh my goodness...Joe can't stand to even hear it in the background....
but...they are hilarious.
I've always thought that there was enough drama in our house....that we could be a reality show.
Ok...I need to hop on ebay now and search for rain gear and boots for my boys! (and watch Rachel Zoe while shopping....what could be better?)
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Can I just say....
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
It's hot here.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
I've been ONE busy mama! I mean, really...do you expect anything less from me?
Thursday, August 12, 2010
ok...he's getting SO close!
Monday, August 09, 2010
- Isaac learned how to clap....and claps for himself ALL DAY LONG!
- Joe still doesn't have a job (but, we're hoping that he'll get paid for his good looks)
- Chris remembered to do his chores today (after a small prompting)
- Eli is in LOVE with Greek Mythology at the moment....he's a reading madman!
- Isaac gets his NEW ORANGE Converse glasses tomorrow!
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Sarah...you totally made me laugh! (where's my supersuit?) That's the voice that I use now when I'm looking for parts of it.
Sunday, August 01, 2010
Gosh...I haven't posted in a few days because the KIDS HAVE GONE CRAZY!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I took Mr. Isaac to the ENT today...where he looked in those little ears...he saw the tubes...but, they were full of wax and NOT in their correct spot. Therefore...they are NOT working.