We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, April 16, 2007





What a way to start the week off....Isaac drank all of his Sunday night feedings with his bottle, so they took his feeding tube out today! He looks like a totally different baby without the tube in his nose and the tape off of his face. Joe was successful with his morning and noon feedings! Then, I go in for the afternoon and evening feeds...and he chokes and de-sats on my watch!!! If this keeps up...I will have to go back to work and let Joe be the stay-at-home dad!!! (just add it to his list...he changes diapers faster, swaddles Isaac tighter in the blankets, and gets him to drink all of his bottle without choking him.....he's starting to make me look bad!) Don't worry...i'm still taking notes from the master! They did start the evening feed tonight by adding a high calorie supplement to his bottle (so that he can put on some weight). He isn't losing that much...but, he also isn't gaining any..he's still about 7lbs3ozs. I was able to give Isaac a bath this afternoon...which he did not like at ALL! I attributed this stressful undertaking to our unsuccessful afternoon feeding....(or at least that's what i'd like to think). Tristen is scheduled to fly out tomorrow...we're trying to talk her into staying with us...she's been quite helpful. Before I left the hospital today...I was talking to the attending doctor about when we could take Isaac home. He said that they don't like to let babies go home on Lasix..so, they would have to talk to the cardiologist in the morning. He also said that they'd like to see some weight gain in him before he can leave (that's why we're giving him the high calorie supplement). I just called the night nurse, and she did get him to drink his entire bottle (only one choking episode--so, it's not only me!). It seems that his tongue falls back and cuts off his airway--just one more thing to put on his list to check out! (that list sure is getting long!) I wouldn't trade my three crazy boys for anything...even though they will make me gray before long!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Oh Kathy,
That precious little face. He is a perfect baby! He just has a few more challenges than others. He looks healthy and happy. I am so glad that the tape is gone from his face. I'm sure that it was aggravating for him. Can his hands stay free now??
High calorie supplement....uh huh....told you! Just like Karo Syrup! I learned that long time ago!
I guess we can just start calling Joe "Super Dad".
MOM