We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, February 19, 2010

Parenting 101

This is how Isaac has been spending his days...
holding on TIGHT to his portable DVD player...
and THIS is how we keep our 7 year old from sucking his thumb
(yes...he is TAPED in that blanket)
Any questions?? I think we might write a parenting book. SO EASY....just give them their own tv, wrap them up....no problemo!

IF ONLY it were that easy. Isaac has become the cutest BEAST ever. He's throwing tantrums ALL DAY LONG...so, the dvd player was just giving me a break. SAD...I know.
(he's sitting on my lap as I type)
Because he's still screaming if I'm not giving him my undivided attention. Today, he was alseep on his blanket on the living room floor. The phone rang...and as soon as I started talking...he woke up screaming. I hung up the phone...he fell back asleep.
seriously.
what's up with that??

and Eli. STILL sucks his thumb. But, I'm not stressed about it...but, he LOVED being taped up and unable to reach his hands. So, maybe we'll just start taping him up at night....

why not?


Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Tina:0) said...

I think your parenting manual might be one of the only books I read! (I'm not a reader, even though I should be;0)

I love the thumb sucking solution! I'm all for whatever works, & if it keeps the kids happy in the process... all the better!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

my life: said...

Practical.
Real and practical...that's what draws us to you. ;0)

Christy said...

And what's going to happen when Eli needs to go to the bathroom at midnight?? :)

Grandma Judy said...

Fast thinking there Christy. But remember, Eli was the child that liked peeing on Grandma's wall!
He could care less where it goes.

Unknown said...

I think you would write the best parenting book ever! :)

The Portas said...

How funny! I love the taping. :) And Isaac, what a little stinker! He just loves his mommy that much. He wants all of you!

I'd buy your Parenting 101 book. :)

jencooper said...

We safety pin a sock to Bennett's pajamas. Get a long tube sock and then pin the top to the top of his arms on his pjs. It is making a difference with B.

Sarah said...

Crack me up!