We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sleepless in Vegas...(haven't we had this title before?)

This is just a cute old pic I came across..
he's big enough now that he doesn't have to wear the
pink gowns at the hospitals!

Can I just say that i STILL haven't pulled out the camera...
shame on me....
but, in my defense...young Sir Isaac was up every TEN MINUTES last night screaming again. SO, about 5:00AM he fell asleep for the night...and I had to get up at 5:40AM to get Chris off to seminary.

I thought I was going to die.

I got Chris off and went back to bed, setting my alarm clock for 8:00am. When my alarm went off...I jumped up, feeling as if someone had beat me over the head with a cast-iron frying pan (not the cheap aluminum ones)....and I said, "Eli....time to get up for school".
(yes...I could just say it...because HE is STILL at the foot of our bed).
He called out, "no mom...I'm too tired"...
GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME....
I laid back down.
until Eli decided that he was ready to go by 9AM~!

I love my boys....
I love my boys...
but...my boys are trying to kill me.
I am going to move outside...into a tent...where I can inhale dirt all night, watch the roaches run across the rocks, and hear the pool pump running....
that's my plan...

I wish.

For now...Mandy came into town with her kiddos...
so, I'll stay indoors.
Isaac just took a late nap...so, it's almost 11pm, and he's still dancing around.
I did take a look in his ears...and one side looks like it's draining. I put drops in it...and I'll fill him up with Motrin before bed. (wish we BOTH had something a little stronger)

Joe and I watched Up in the Air tonight...kind of a depressing movie.
Can't wait to have a Twilight marathon (kind of) next week...Eli will be my viewing buddy!

Chris wants to attempt the driving test this week...
I'm not sure which day my nerves can take it...
I'll keep you updated. (I should go anyway...I'm still driving with an expired license--only since December though...not too terribly bad)

Tomorrow...we're just picking up shot records, taking Isaac to the eye doctors, taking Chris to the orthodontist, and have scouts in the evening and I have a church meeting.
(yes...I have everything written down...or knowing me, I'd forget half of it...and the list it was written on!)

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

The Portas said...

Ohhhh I want to have a Twilight marathon with you! Why don't we live closer? Minnesota isn't so bad. :)

I wish I could come watch your boys for you for a day and let you sleep in a dark, quiet hotel room. You guys make my head spin around!

Praying for PEACE in your house!

Tina:0) said...

Geesh... where have I been?! Sorry its been so long since I've left a note - what a slacker I am! Forgive me?

Even though I haven't checked in for a bit, you still seem to be your same, busy self! I'm with Megan... wish I could come out for a short vacation & let you take one:0)

Rest when you can, my friend:0)

Grandma Judy said...

Have fun with Mando.....put her to work!

Unknown said...

Try spending an afternoon at our house it is just as crazy.

Remember I am coming over Wednesday around 9:30 for the therapy session at 10:30. If anything changes please let me know.

jencooper said...

Can I please, please come for the marathon?? I am still mad at Craig for canceling our road trip!! It is going to happen....like as soon as I get out of school!

I hope that the boys let you sleep tonight.

We love all of you!!

T n T - K n K said...

I just want to say how big and how much Isaac's Face has Changed. He is your twin now. He looked like you before but now when he smile..lights up like a Christmas tree. Just precious.
Sleepness nights...so yes, is it true that 5-7 year olds get 3rd & forth mollers (wisdom) teeth? That is potentially why I have not slept in 72 hours.