We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, November 09, 2009

Doggy Door Success!



He did it...he did it!!! Isaac can FINALLY crawl through the doggy door! I am so excited that I am almost in tears. How dumb...right?? BUT, the mental thinking that went into this...the physical stamina that it took to wiggle through that door...I am just amazed at how much he's growing. He's getting stronger and smarter each and everyday...and he's simply amazing to me.

NOT only can he crawl through the door now....but, he notices his hands. Can you remember when your infant was playing with their arms...just flinging them in the air...and looked at them with their head tilted, because they realized that those were their arms and THEY were making them move....Isaac finally had that epiphany. He can see his hands and knows that HE is moving them. He can clap his hands randomly...if you ask him to clap, he just smiles at you (not knowing what the heck you're talking about...but, glad that you're talking to him). He can take my hand and touch my nose when I ask where his nose is. He will NOT take his own hand and touch anyone's nose. He can press buttons on his toys now with his fingers! He can't do anything more complicated than a push....but, he can push buttons! He LOVES balls....really, just licking them. He can't roll them yet..but, loves to sit in front of me and let me roll a ball to him and he just grabs it and licks it. He can find shoes if anyone leaves a pair out of the closet! It's like a sixth sense that he has. (we all have teeth marks on our shoes....and he took a chunk of leather out of some pretty nice heels that I have).

Isaac is amazing. Thanks for sharing these accomplishments with me!!!
It's time to enjoy the show. First...we have videographer Chris...trying to catch the little guy in action.


Finally...I'm chatting with Joe before he leaves for work...and he did it on camera! My little superstar!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

11 comments:

Teresa said...

I have never seen anything so adorable and exciting as these 2 videos!!!! Thanks for sharing! Go Isaac!

Wendy said...

Kathy,

Look at that determined little man! :) That video was just too cute!!! Isaac knows what he wants and is going for it...what a big boy! You are amazing, Isaac!!! And I know you have many more surprises up your sleeve, too! ;)

Thank you for sharing that, Kathy. I'm so excited that he's making such great discoveries lately! Keep up the incredible work, Isaac!!

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

jencooper said...

Oh my goodness!! Look at that little man go!! He is seriously adorable!! I am so proud of all the strides that he is making!!

And, Chris cracks me up!! I love listening to his commentary! And is he Dr. Evil? The pinkie up by his eye....funny!!

The Portas said...

Oh Kathy! This is awesome! I have tears in my eyes as I watch these videos. I'm so proud of your little man!

He looks so studious and smart with his glasses on and checking out the door in the first video. I love it!

GO ISAAC! We are all so proud of you!!!!

Sarah said...

I'm sitting at work cheering him on like he can hear me, LOL! That is so exciting - doesn't look easy either - that took some work! WAY TO GO ISAAC!

The Simmons Family said...

You ROCK Issac!!! I LOVE IT!!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome. Now you have to keep a close eye on him at all times :)

Anonymous said...

Good for Issac!
Kate's Nana

Pam said...

Oh my goodness. That was just the cutest thing ever. I could just see the wheels turning in his little head! Watch out mama, he is on the go now!
Pam and the girls
www.caringbridge.org/visit/madison

kc'sbunch said...

I love your new blog set up. It is cute! You'll have to get on mine and see the pictures of Savanah in her halloween costume. Thanks again for the tutu!

crabby old man said...

GO ISAAC GO, THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING YOUR FAMILY