We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, October 26, 2007






I didn't have time to write yesterday...but I have many things to tell you. Yesterday, we got to see Nicole, Mark, and Shirley. Mark was able to get Isaac to eat some carrots. We have to use a syringe and his Nuk brush...but, with much patience, we are able to get a teaspoon down each session! (baby steps..baby steps). Nicole got Isaac to giggle at her...so cute! Shirley (nutritionist) weighed our fat boy...and he weighed in at 16lbs 9 ozs and was 25 1/2 ins. long(with a diaper and clothes on). Shirley was going to put a call into an lpn at an endocrinologist office to ask about Isaac's high blood sugar levels. (I haven't heard back from her yet.)
So, today I called our pediatrician and left a message with the nurse and gave her Isaac's blood sugar levels. Needless to say, he called toinght and told me that with those levels that I should take him straight to the emergency room. Now...our GI doc and the surgeon who did the g-tube surgery know his sugar levels....I would hope that they would have told us days (weeks now) to go to the hospital. Terri gave me the name of a good local endoccrinologist and I'll call them on Monday and see if we can get in next week..but, I'm sure that's doubtful for a new patient. So, I guess we'll just hope that Stnaford will give us a consult with one while we're there. (Count down...we leave in 7 days!)
I need to say Happy Birthday to my little Magpie niece...she's the cutest red-headed one year-old EVER!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Baby Isaac, I see you got your Halloween card. I'm sure Eli or Sto will be happy to help you spend your money.

You two boys are looking great!!!