We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It was yet another LONG day...but, Happy Halloween it was! I started the day off at Eli's school (Joe was home with Isaac)...helping to volunteer for their halloween party. And yes..I forgot the camera. Then, I came home and got Isaac and took him to the endocrinologist ( who was FABULOUS!). He gave me a snazzy new glucose meter to monitor his levels. He told me to only record his levels before meals. So, when we got home I tried it out..and he was below 100. Now, I am giving him only breastmilk now, no formula, and he's been wretching so much lately that I'm giving him a little less in volume (he's just spitting it up). So, I'm not sure if these modifications to his food is making the difference or if the other meter we had was too cheap to give a good reading. (maybe the later).
I took the big boys to church trunk or treating...and again forgot the camera. They had a blast! Then, we came home and we all walked around the block and went trick or treating. Yes...once again, I forgot the camera. Eli was the fire guy from Fantastic four, Chris was scream, and Isaac was just wearing an orange halloween outfit (no costume...he's been sweating too much lately). I tried to take pictures of the kids when we got home...but they wouldn't allow it. Maybe next year.
Now...we're all tired..and I have to clean this house before mommy dearest comes...she'll see how we really live!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

OK, so for all of you that are now thinking, "I can't believe Kat is calling her mom "Mommy Dearest", believe it. Mandy started this years ago. I really don't think they realize what this implies...with the Joan Crawford and all that stuff, but then again, perhaps they do! Yes Kat, mommy dearest IS on her way, and after raising you for ALL those years.....I know by now how you live! As long as the kids have clean clothes and food on the table, who cares about a little dust!!!! I might even bring some of my own when I come flying in...on my broomstick of course!!
See you SOON ! ! !

Cheri said...

Kathy, Joe, Isaac, etc.,

Isaac is such a cutie!! Good luck at Stanford. We will be praying for you.

Love,
the Jenkins

Mandy said...

Great job Kat. Now with you referring to mom as Mommy Dearest, I'm not the only bad child. :) Isaac, maybe one day your mom will remember the important things. At least she takes great care of you. It's just the rest of us that would like to see you grow!! I guess we are going to have to buy Chris a camera so that he can start taking pics.