We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, October 30, 2007


Just a quick update to tell you how our morning has gone. We just saw Dr. Mayman and Isaac's right pulmonary artery is growing nicely...but, he can't get a good look at the left artery to measure it's size. He's sats were 75 (low...but, normal for Mr. Isaac). He weighed in at 16 lbs (the gi docs scale must be a little off) and Isaac measured 26 ins long...that means he grew 3 inches this past month!! I was just looking at some winter clothes that I bought him to take to Stanford...and was thinking that they looked small...now I know why! Good thing I haven't taken the tags off yet...I'll just add another shopping trip to my "To do" list this week! YIKES!! It's GROWING!

On Isaac's crazy wretching--he's still doing it...5-10 times a day. He did a great projectile vomit on Joe this morning...poor Isaac. I've stopped adding the formula to my breast milk (we do that to make it more calories for him)...and this has lowered his blood sugar from the 190s to the 150s. I'll just keep doing that until we see the endocrinologist tomorrow. And on Thursday, we see Dr. Baron (gi doc) again. I'm really bummed that none of these meds we've tried have helped in the wretching department. It just takes all the energy he has...and then he gets so tired after words and takes a little cat nap.

This picture is of Isaac's hamster that's attached to his pacifier. I love that he can put it in his mouth by himself now...it cracks me up! Joe has to make a few more for our Stanford stay! And the video...I love the way he kicks now...he makes me laugh all day!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Grandma Susie said...

What a cutie!!! Did I hear Isaac giggle at the end of that video?

Give him lots of kisses for us before you take him to Stanford on Friday. He's doing so good! I can't wait to see him again - if your home in Dec.

We hope your taking your computer so that you can keep us fed with pics while he's in the Hosp.
Love you guys. Mom

The Portas said...

I love the kicky legs! How funny!

Good luck getting things together for your trip. It's coming up quick! It will feel sooo good to get this next step behind you.

I'm so sorry to hear about the retching. Icky, that can't be fun to see and it can't be fun for Mr. Isaac either. I hope someone can figure out how to help that soon.