We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Sunday, November 23, 2008

ONE YEAR AGO...

we were at Stanford..
Isaac was recovering from a 14 hour open-heart operation.
He spent 3 weeks on the ventilator...
We had to leave our two older boys at home,
I was in CA with Isaac...and Joe had to fly between both Vegas
and Palo Alto while working.
So...we thought we'd remember....

a wagon ride...
sitting up with the pt....

and our Thanksgiving meal...

Many people have lots to be thankful for....but, our hearts out so full right now.
It's been ONE YEAR with no heart surgeries.
On paper...Isaac didn't look like he would make it. He had a rough time
recovering from that surgery, his t-cells were so low that there
were talks of transplants...but, here he is...rolling all over the place, starting to eat food,
growling at us now...and loving all the chaos in our house!
We have a wonderful family of three boys, one sweetie pie husband, and
a mom (me) who tries to cook and clean a little more each day
(I'm trying....really I am).
We have been SO humbled with the birth of Isaac...our priorities have changed...
and the love in our house has increased so much.
I am so thankful for all the heart families that we've come to know and love...
your support means the world to me.
I'm hugging you ALL right now!!!!!


NOW....onto Eli.
He received his A/B honor roll certificate on Friday morning.
This is one of his "ladies" at school...
(he has many ladies that are SO IN LOVE with him!)

Eli picked up his new glasses this weekend...but, I didn't get a pic....I will..I WILL..he wears them all day! He's taking such good care of them. They are safely in their case right now...while he sleeps!! (He doesn't eat them like SOMEONE~!) ISAAC!

Chris went out on a Turkey shoot this weekend with scouts. They didn't shoot any turkeys...just targets. BUT, he had a blast!

Joe...I think that man worked 90+ hours this week. Seriously. I miss him still...one day..we'll meet again!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

14 comments:

Mandy said...

Aren't you just the sweetest. We all love you and your crazy boys. :)

Tina:0) said...

Isn't it amazing what a year can bring?! Last year this time we were on our way to Toledo with Vaeh because she had a vomiting episode & her card wanted her admitted so he could watch her more closely!

I, too, am thankful for all our extended heart family! I think I'd be in a looney bin if it weren't for you all!

Love you bunches!

Samantha said...

Look at how great he is doing! I remember last year...I even remember your Thanksgiving meal picture...I am SO HAPPY that this year...you get to spend the holiday with YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY...AT HOME...where you belong. What an amazing gift this year...and all the time with that beautiful baby boy! I am so happy that all is well with you all right now!!!

Congrats Eli on your AB honor roll...what a champion!!!

Much love,
Samantha

Grandma Judy said...

You didn't tell "the rest of the story " concernig Eli. He got one B, and that was in writing.....who grades a 1st grader in writing already? He's still A+ to me.

You are a brave woman to send Chris off where guns are involved. You know how excited he gets with a gun. And it's not my fault....even though I did buy him his first BB gun.

And for Mr Isaac....he has taught us so much about life, love and laughter. Who would have thought one little person would mean so much to so many people....
I'm looking at the current counter.. over 42,750 hits and that's just since you put in the sitemeter.

Have a good week Rollers, and let's see how that turkey turns out. Be sure to take it out of the freezer Kat!

Dina said...

Your little Isaac is an amazing little guy - and the cutest thing too!
Glad that things are going well.

Dina

The Portas said...

You ALL have been through so much and have overcome a whole lot in one year. Isaac is so strong and he shows us that every day. It's so heart-warming to watch his progress (over internet :). You guys are an absolutely amazing family and you have blessed so many people through this journey. I don't know what I'd do without your support, Kathy. You're an amazing friend, mama, wife, person.

Can't wait to see Eli's glasses! (Look at his "lady" googley eyed!)

crabby old man said...

Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Eli is player with the ladies.

Rachel Dominguez said...

All I could do is cry at this post. He is just the sweetest boy ever! I just want to hug and squeeze on him. Man how time flies! I'm so glad to be able to be a part of his journey and see what wonderful progress this amazing child is making~!!!!

Love and Prayers Always!!!!

Rachel

Unknown said...

And Look how Great Isaac is doing now and how far he has come, You know I read your blog and it brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankfull to have you as a friend and only wish we could get together more often. Thank you for your friendship.

Lots of hugs Karen...

jencooper said...

Isaac - you are truly amazing!! Look at how incredible he is doing. Isn't it amazing what a year can bring??

Eli looks so handsome - as usual. I can't wait to see him all dolled up in his gold glasses!

Congrats on making honor roll!! When are you taking me to Jason's Deli??

<3,
Jen

Unknown said...

I'm in tears after reading your post. I am so proud of Mr. Isaac. He has gone through so much and just look at him today.

I didn't find your blog until after his surgery so I had no idea he went through so much. A 14 hour surgery...wow..what a little fighter.

Give him some love from me if you will.

Way to go Eli!!! You rock big guy!

Love,
Vanessa

my life: said...

I am in awe....as usual. That Turkey dinner depressed me and your sweet baby's face turned my heart to mush!
So much, there is SO much, isn't there? Lovely....just lovely.

Kelly said...

Oh man! Do I remember those days along side you! I know it sounds funny, but your sweet Isaac looked HUGE compared to Brooklyn! I thought for sure that guy was at least two when I first saw him across the room. Ha. He looks so different after a year. He's grown so much!

I'm thankful I had the chance to meet you and your amazing man Isaac! Thanks for always being so suportive!

Anonymous said...

What a difference a year makes! I am so glad your sweet boy has been doing so well and has brought so much joy into your lives. Just look at how much joy he brings to all of us and we're not even there!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for...and I'm thankful that, through this "heart world" of ours, I have met you! You're awesome!

Lots of love,
Cindy