We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba LIVE!

Well....I think we're up to SATURDAY on the Texas road trip. After breakfast, we ate lunch at Rainforest Cafe (so yummy). Jen's mom met us there (what a sweet mom you have Jen)...and while we waited for the food, Jen took the boys to make animals at Build a Bear. Of course Eli was in heaven (as well and Bennett and Gracie). Eli made a rhino and named him Dr. Evil.
of course he did.
After lunch....it was time for the main event...YO GABBA GABBA LIVE! Jen's sister, Mysti, got us all tickets (and Mysti too was awesome to meet). I have to tell you...this show was AWESOME! It was Isaac's and Eli's first concert! Isaac just looked ahead because this was the biggest television screen that he had EVER seen!
Here's a pic at the show at intermission.
From left to right we have:
Eli, Isaac, Gracie, Jakey, Bennett, and Sloan
(notice that Jen got all the kids matching shirts to wear....too cute!)


I SHOULD have lost weight during this show
(but, we ate too good before and after it!)
Here's Isaac on my shoulders

Isaac held tight to the paci during the entire show...
but, he loved every LOUD minute of it!
Here's another shot of the trouble makers...
they didn't sit still for very long!

Can you tell how excited Eli was?
Here's a pic of what the stage looked like.
All the Gabbba characters, a big screen, and DJ Lance Rock!
Can you tell who's in this pic?
Solange (Beyonce's sister) and Biz Markie...
seriously! The crowd went wild for "Biz's Beat of the Day~"
There's a Party in my Tummy!

I HAVE LOTS of video of the show...BUT, I CANNOT find my Flip video camera.
(I'm still searching for it...so, not panicing yet)

After the Gabba show...we all went out for Ice Cream with the kids. They made such a mess...they were still on the high from the show. ISAAC even licked ice cream.
amazing!

THEN, we headed back to the house....where Mysti showed up with "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" shirts for us all to wear at the movies! NOW...you KNOW we looked like some dorks (ok....maybe it was just me)....but, we strolled into that theatre with our matching shirts on like a bunch of giddy teenagers.
so awesome!
OH wait...before we went to the movies...we strolled into a FANTASTIC Mexican restaurant with those matching shirts on!
I LOVED the movie! Except, I did think that their eyes were a little TOO yellow and TOO red...but, other than that...
it was perfect!

What an amazing Day! I LOVED my company, all the food, the show, the movie....really, the kids behaved, the moms behaved...the weather behaved.
THANKS Cindy, Jen, and Mysti for an AWESOME day!
(oh...did I mention that Craig (Jen's hubby)Chris, Steph(Cindy's daughter), and a friend of hers babysat while we were at the movies...THANKS a million you guys!)

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

The Portas said...

I love all the Gabba photos. What a blast! I'm sooo glad you all had such a great time.

So, who wore Team Jacob and who wore Team Edward? And the very very yellow (and red) eyes were one of the first things I noticed about the movie. I thought the yellow eyes were kinda cool, but maybe just a tad too yellow.

Thanks for sharing about the rest of your trip! What a bunch of fun memories to have with you (and the kids) forever.

Have a great weekend! xo

jencooper said...

Man, who was your photographer? You got some great shots! (haha) And - Grandma Judy - please notice the bruise on Isaac's cheek in the photos! :) I want you to let Kathy come and visit me again!

AND YES - WE DID LOOK LIKE SOME BIG OLE DORKS!! But, it's cool. I sported my Team Edward t-shirt like a rock star. The yellow eyes bugged me too, but then Jacob appeared shirtless and all thoughts of eye color went out of my head!

Bennett made a cheetah...and named him Cheetah. Gracie made a flamingo and named her Foofa. They have slept with them every night.

I am so happy that you got to taste real Mexican food. Yummy! Too bad we didn't get any pralines!

Next up....the day that went from not a thing planned to do...to lots of fun!!

cindy said...

Ok, Cooper, if you're gonna say it you gotta say it right...it's prah-leeeen!!

I wish we would have taken the picture after Jakey put his shirt on so he wouldn't be sticking out in his beloved Batman shirt!!

It really was a super fun weekend. And Megan...everyone was Team Edward but me...and when he took his shirt off they were all wishin' they had MY shirt!! hehe

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation to TX and the Gabba Gabba pictures I cannot wait to see the video. I am so glad you all had a great time I wish I could have been there oh how much fun it would have been. I should have asked you to get me a T-Shirt for Logan but did not think about it:(

Grandma Judy said...

Jen, I think I have lost her to Texas for sure! She will NEVER want to come east again. Who know Texas could be such fun?

And Kat.....where did that bruise come from?

T n T - K n K said...

Can I just say how much I love this blog layout for you. So precious.

I'm so excited Isaac got to see his "super rock stars" in person! Was he just in heaven or what.