We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, September 11, 2007






Isaac slept 7 hours straight last night!! I haven't slept that long in months! When he woke up at 4:30 crying...I was so well rested I could have started my day that early! But, you know that didn't happen...I started that feeding pump and jumped back in bed!!! We saw Dr. Mayman this morning. Isaac weighs 14lbs 3ozs and is 25 ins long. His breathing is a little more rapid. But, he was pretty and pink today with sats at 81. We're going to watch the lowering sats and just check back in with Dr. Mayman in three weeks or if his sats fall below 70. He put a call into Dr. Hanley to see if they would let us have the heart cath here in Vegas or if we needed to go up to Stanford. We had a tenative surgery date of Nov. 7th scheduled... but, really...they will not determine when they will do the surgery until they see the results of the cath. (The pulmonary arteries need to be a certain size). Nicole came this afternoon and Isaac did a good holding his bobblehead up! He even laid on his belly for about 5 minutes! It's so funny the things that you take for granted with the other kiddos...and just cheer and scream when something so silly like laying on his belly happens! He's been in a very good mood today (probably because he actually got sleep!). I will try again with his bottle later tonight. I'll report those findings on the next post. Enjoy his pictures!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

OOhhhh, He is beginning to look a little chunky. I love it!! Let him gain all the weight he wants to now
because he will loose when he goes in for his next surgery. I'll have to get my growth chart out to see what percentile he is in now!

Good job Kat! Keep on eating good so my baby will grow!!

The Portas said...

I can TOTALLY relate to getting soooo excited about the littlest things. These kids don't allow us to take anything for granted.

Good job on the sleeping, Isaac!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he is Katie (10 mo) is still only 16 lbs. He looks bigger than her! He is sooooo cute and looks fun to suggle with.
Love you all,
Brittany, Kyle and girls

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

He's sooo dang adorable...

We just got back from California... and then we've had therapy appts... I need to call you!

Matthew nibbled on 4 cheeto asteroids yesterday.. I was beside myself w/ joy!

Mandy said...

Yep, little Isaac just wanted to see Meghan and now he's fine. She taught him a few things while they were hanging out. Kat, in a few months Isaac will be sitting on the floor reaching up for ou just like Maggie Moo was. Then when he starts that I'll bring Meghan back so that you will have them both trying to get you!

Love ya
Mandy