We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Sunday, September 30, 2007




Saturday was a BLURRR...it went by too fast! Let's start off with the results of the blood sugar tests on Friday. Well, my ped saw us, didn't have a accu-chek, and he wasn't sure if labcorp would do the test on a baby....so, his son has diabetes, so he told me to come back that afternoon and he'd have his son's monitor and check it then. So, we went back that afternoon....and he poked Isaac and got an error. He poked Isaac again...and got an error. He then called his son for better instructions....and I told him that twice was my limit. I'd go and get my own monitor and check his levels myself. So, we went out yesterday and got the monitor and today I checked his levels. We were told to have him fast for 4 hours (which is his feeding schedule anyway) and check his levels...then feed him, and then re-check the levels 15 minutes after the feed was complete. His numbers were: 123 before his feed and 183 after his feed. We checked it again before and after the next feed and got pretty close to the same numbers. Now...I have NO idea what these blood sugar levels mean...but, my first call in the morning is to report these numbers to Dr. Baron (GI doc) and ask for an explanation. (By the way...Joe did the poking and Isaac didn't cry once!) We'll have to start doing all of Isaac's lab work ourselves!
Now...from the pictures, you can tell that Eli is wheezing again. He doesn't have a fever or runny nose..he just has this cough and wheeze! So, he's plugged up to the nebulizer every 4 hours. Chris did his pre-algebra homework all afternoon. And Isaac slept the afternoon away. (I love it...but, he's starting to sleep alot.) I'll ask Dr. Mayman about that. I think that's about it. He's still the POOP machine, still wretching (he spit up twice today), and he will not smile when my face goes behind the camera. I know he doesn't look smiley today...but, trust me...he is..

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

The Portas said...

I'll be curious to see what the numbers mean..

Our little men have a lot in common....they both love to sleep and poop!

As always, love those sweet little squishy cheeks!

Grandma Judy said...

Isaac is trying to say,"Folks, just leave me ALONE."

I'll bet Eli lilkes pulling out the heavy duty machinery for him. Now HE can finally get some attention!

And as for the blood sugar levels....perhaps too many brownies??? Of course not!!

Mandy said...

Glad to see Meghan isn't the only one that has to have the breathing treatments. We should just pack the kids up and take somewhere that the air won't bother them. It's grat that Isaac is setting up by himself. (even if he needs the pillows)

Take care