We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, November 03, 2007

I just started a 5am feeding...and thought I'd take a quick minute to tell how our Thursday went. First of all...Mom and Abby flew in Thursday afternoon. Yippie! I even made mom an instruction manual of what and when to do with the big boys (they are creatures of habit). You know....the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have to be cut a certain way or they just aren't edible! Joe and I stayed up ALL night packing for this trip. We left the house for the airport (with Eli and Isaac) about 4:30am on Friday. We got there only to realize that we left Isaac's feeding pump! So, Joe grabbed a cab, got the pump, and made it back in time! Whew... The flight was a little over an hour and Isaac and Eli slept the whole time. Once we landed, I called mom to tell her...and she told me that I left a charger in the kitchen. Well...that turned out to be the FEEDING PUMP charger! YIKES! I spent all day trying to get someone to bring us one...and finally at 7pm a local office here in Palo Alto came to the rescue....and Isaac never missed a feed.
One thing to note....the last 2 days...he's only had 1 wretching episode each day. Maybe it's the new drug, the fact that he's just on my milk now...or he did just recieve a blessing...maybe it's all these things along with eveyone's prayers...I'm SO EXCITED...that's all I've been worrying about. Not the surgery...but, how hard his recovery will be if he's choking and throwing up all day.
Yesterday we had our pre=op appointments at Stanford. Everything looks good. Dr. Perry will be doing the heart cath on Monday (we LOVE him...he did the last one). They're not sure if he'll need to stay the night Monday night or Tuesday night...so, I am to bring a suitcase just in case. They aren't sure yet which case he'll be on Wednesday...I SO hope it's the first case. He's doing SO good. Everyone remembers us...that could be good or bad (depending on how we were acting that day). We're taking Eli to build a bear workshop today to make a bear for Isaac (because, he told me that's where best friends are made)...he watches too much television! Everyone is SNOOZING...so, I'm off too.
So...the heart cath is scheduled for 8am on Monday and the Surgery is still on for Wednesday! We just get to have fun this weekend!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Glad you made it there safely and the boys are doing fine. Sto and I are having a great time! I forgot how much time 13 year olds spend in their room! Last night we sat back and watched Scream 3. Now I want to see the first two. I think we will head out to Blockbuster today to see what
"Old timey" horror movies they have.

There are supposed to be strong winds today. Hang on to the boys! Have fun.

Samantha said...

Glad you made it to CA safe and sound...sorry for all the chaos of the forgotten feeding pump and then the charger. A trip is not a trip without some kind of excitement though.

We are keeping you guys in our prayers.

Hugs,
Samantha

Mandy said...

Nice to see you made it. A text would have been nice but the low jack I have installed on Joe works. :) Mom told me how much to overnight the charger was. Doesn't she know cookies cost almost the same. Take care and make sure you tell Eli hi!! I promise not to call for a few days!!

The Portas said...

Glad you arrived safely! I'm sooo glad to hear you may have some feeding-related stuff figured out. That will help a lot in the recovery.

Good luck with everything these next few days. Keep the blog posted, I'll be thinking about you a lot!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy!
Hope you're starting to sweet talk all those nurses for us! (j/k) :)

Glad to hear you made it there in one piece! (well, kind-of i guess!) Enjoy a fun weekend and we will be waiting for updates this week. You will be in our prayers everyday!

Lots of love,
Lisa Manning