We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, July 21, 2009


Here's Isaac the sweet...
Here's what Eli does while he's out of school..
sits in Isaac's bumbo seat, playing video games...
while Isaac must constantly be chewing on something!
This is what Chris does while he's out of school..
just buggin' Isaac....
He's still mad...
still mad!
I am SO darn tired. After fighting with the new insurance company ALL week...we are FINALLY starting to see some results. There are still things that they aren't covering that we are use to being covered (ie...oxygen for the plane. Evidently, special needs kids shouldn't be allowed to fly...they don't want to pay for the oxygen for the plane--even though he has a doctors note that he needs it--and would also like $700 up front to make sure we bring it back. Seriously.
how dumb.

Glad my honey shakes it at work...we'd be in a cardboard box without him!

Other than spending time on the phone with everyone...I'm SEARCHING for a beach house while we're in NC! I'm SO excited! We haven't been to the beach in 3 years...and I'm a beach bum FOR SURE (I still have my old surf board in the garage...as if...someday, I will be brave enough to try it again one day)

Eli has been spending his days telling me how bored he is...so, today...we visited friends, had friends over...just being social bugs!

I FINALLY decided to put Isaac to bed last night by himself. His crib is in our room...but, I generally let him fall asleep down here in the living room on the floor on his blanket. THEN, once he's asleep....I take him up to his crib. I think it's time that I treat him like a normal baby...and put him upstairs. This is day two...and it's taking about 30 minutes before he gives up and falls asleep. (he doesn't scream while he's waiting...he's just dancing in bed, babbling...just having a blast talking to his imaginary peeps until he gives up and crashes).
PLEASE pat me on the back...this is a HUGE step for me!

Chris is spending the night with a friend...so, Eli is in the emergency bed tonight. REALLY....why don't we just buy a studio condo is beyond me!?!?!

Thanks for checking on us!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Come on Kat.... Eli needs to sleep in his own room! Tell him by the time he comes back from vacation Seth will be out of school and they can start spending more time together.

Sarah said...

Yes a definate big pat on the back for you. If your anything like me that is huge. Evan is 5 and still sleeps on his "emergency" bed in our room. Sigh. I'm not proud of my need to have him next to me - it is my fault for sure that he sleeps there.

Tina:0) said...

I know what you mean about the huge step... I think I cried the first time we put Vaeh in bed, & especially when she slept lying flat - she looked so grown up!

Hope you are able to get things worked out. Can I come along & be a beach bum with ya?!

The Portas said...

It's good to see all three boys!! Such handsome ones you have. :)

Yucky, I'm so so sorry you have to deal with insurance hassles. Why in the world don't they think it necessary to get Isaac O2 for the plane??? Ughh! MAddening!

Good job on letting Isaac fall asleep by himself! What a big boy. He and Elijah are two peas in a pod...talking to their peeps as they both fall asleep. I should record some of Elijah's "conversations" some night. They are hilarious. :)

Have a great day! Hugs to you all..xoox

Grandma Susie said...

What a big step for both of you Kathy, but it's the right thing to do. I too, am very proud of you and Isaac. Hope to see everybody soon.

Unknown said...

This is a huge step and I'm so proud of you!