We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, May 08, 2007




We started our Tuesday off with a trip to the cardiologist (Dr. Mayman). Isaac weighed in at 8lbs 2 ozs and was 21 1/2inches long!!! The picture attached with all the wires is the ekg that they perform. Then, we had an echo...this is like the ultrasound of his heart. Here they measured many things...among which was the pulmonary artery where they placed the stent. The artery measured 2.6 (and was only 1.5 when Isaac was born...so, it's growing!!!! Which is a good thing). Isaac's oxygen sat level today was 78...and Dr. Mayman said that number was consistant with his defect..and a higher sat level would indicated that he's getting too much blood to his lungs. His bnp was 12 on the last visit (i can't remember what it measures...the blood/oxygen/lungs...Joe isn't here to tell me...but, the number was great...so we didn't have to perform that test this visit...this is a test they will use to let them know if there is too much blood in the lungs). I should have started the blog by letting everyone know that Master Isaac did not sleep very much last night...not until I let him sleep in our bed. And I don't mean just sleeping in the middle..he likes to be in my arms, snuggled up, and that stinker will sleep for three or four hours straight. (but, then I can't sleep soundly because i'm afraid i'll roll or cover his head with the blankets...) I only mention this...because Joe is out of town. I just put the big boys to bed...and where do you think Isaac is??? Right beside me snuggled in a pillow!!! Dad is almost finished painting the house...and it looks awesome!!! I can't think of anything else to mention...so, i'm turning in early now that he's asleep...and maybe I can get a good 5-6 hours of sleep tonight!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: