We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sorry...I still don't have any cute pics posted...but, we had a BUSY day!!
Here's how it went:
**Chris's alarm clock went off at 6:30...and like the great kid he is...he got himself up and started eating his breakfast. (Joe and I were DRAGGING trying to get out of bed!)
**Joe helped get Chris off to school and and I got Isaac ready to get up and downstairs (which entails getting all of him, his supplies, and feeding pump supplies gathered and taken down with him!)
**Joe showered while I got Isaac's morning feed started, while I made Eli oatmeal for breakfast, and I ate too!
**I showered while Joe then watched Isaac and Eli.
**Then...we all went out the door at 8:30am to go see Dr. Mayman (our card.)
The heart checked out GREAT! No fluid around the heart. His sats were 97!!! WHOO HOO! We decreased the amount of lasix he gets to only once a day. He too was a little worried about how Isaac's fever and behavior has been this week, so he called and got us in to see the pulmonologist this afternoon! But, first, we had to get blood drawn and a chest xray.
**So...we drive to the other office (15 miles away) and ATTEMPT to get blood from Isaac. Three nurses and 5 tries later...and faces that no mom should have to witness...Isaac was not giving up ONE DROP OF BLOOD to them. They talked to Dr. Mayman and decided that it wasn't worth torturing him any longer. (We have to go in next week for the rsv shot...and if he's still feeling bad, we'll try again then).
**NOW...feeling defeated...we go downstairs for our chest xray. UURRGHHH!!! They tried to lay Isaac on a table where the sheets were all rumpled...because SOMEONE ELSE HAD BEEN LAYING ON THEM! Then, one lady tried holding him down and she was sniffling...GROSS...I couldn't wait to RUN out of that GERM POT room! But, we SUCCEEDED...we left the building with one chest xray in hand!
**We drove through McDonalds and headed for the house. It's now like 1:00...and I have to leave at 2:00 in order to make it across town to our 3:00 appointment with the pulmonologist.
**This time, Joe and Eli stayed home.
After waiting at the office for 2 1/2 hours...we checked out with a clean bill of health. There are no problems with his lungs. No one knows what the deal is with my little man. He didn't have his fever today....so, maybe whatever he's been fighting is FINISHED!

GUESS WHAT??
After we left the pulmonologist's office...I drove over to Terri's house! Finally...we met! What a cutie pie Matthew is...and Terri is as beautiful as her pictures! And...she gave me some of her xmas treats that she made (I ate a few on the ride home).

So..it's 9:30, the Biggest Loser is on, Chris and Eli are asleep upstairs, and Isaac is asleep right here! What a productive day!!
Oh...I FORGOT...when I came home tonight...Joe and boys had cleaned the house AND cooked dinner!!! What an AWEOME DAY!!! I couldn't have asked for a better one!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy! Just checking in to see how Isaac is doing. Glad to hear he checked out well today at all of his Dr. appts. Hopefully he is over everything.

We had Brooklyn's service on Saturday and it was beautiful. She's smiling down on us and laughing at all the attention she got on Saturday. Just want she wanted... to be the center of attention. Aubrey is up to 5lbs 8oz and hopefully will be home before the new year.

Take care and I hope you have a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Kathy!
Looks like you are keeping your holidays as crazy as you can! ;) I'm so glad to hear that you and Terri finally met!? I just love her too ... who wouldn't, right! You know our house is germ free (or as close as it can get!) so if you every want to drop little Isaac man off to play with us, we would love to have him. We're just hanging out recovering....
Lots of love - Lisa

The Portas said...

Busy day! I'm so happy that everything checked out ok for little Isaac man.

Your "germ pot room" comment was funny. I'm the same way...do not hold my baby if you have snot dripping from your nose!

Grandma Judy said...

Kat,
You can't ever stay gone from home for that long again. You missed out on Chris telling you that HE was one of the students selected to shoot off a rocket on Friday.
He called me talking a mile a minute, and called Mandy as well.
This was a major event for him....and MOM wasn't there!

Tell Isaac he's going to have to start sharing MOMMY time.

I'm happy that you finally met Terri. I'll bet she was talking a mile a minute too!!! I can just imagine the two of you.

Have a good day!

Krista said...

Hey Kathy...glad to hear you're back into the normal business of life...sorry so much of it is at doctor's appointments! Yeah...nothing found with Isaac's heart/lungs! Whew...what a relief to have normal baby stuff!

Happy Wednesday to you!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

You poor thing... and poor little Isaac...
What a day, huh??

I WAS THRILLED TO HAVE MET YOU FINALLY... I feel like I've known you and seen you a million times already, since I'm here at your blog all the time...

I just love you... and your family.

I'm so happy we have each other to lean on.