We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, December 31, 2007

Still barking...


Other than the barking...things are pretty good here.  I can't believe it's New Year's Eve!!!  We're SO Old...not planning on doing anything, going anywhere, or even staying up until midnight!  Joe still won't cave in and take the boys to the strip...he doesn't even have to go ON the strip...just close to see the fireworks....but, no luck!  (maybe next year boys!)  Because I'd take them in the thick of it all if I wasn't sick and sleep deprived!  (we're so old and lazy!)
Ok...we have more good news to share.  If you don't know already...I LOVE fixing up old houses.  My brother and I have bought a few and fixed them up.  Well, the last house we fixed up just closed today!!! (We finished it last year....it's about time that it closed!)
Did I tell you what Joe got us for Christmas??  Tickets to Disneyland!!!  So, I called Dr. Mayman (card) and asked if we were allowed to take Isaac and he said, "YES!"  (and he can even ride the rides).  So, we're heading out on Wednesday  and will return on Sunday.  If I'm still barking...Isaac and I will just hang out more in the hotel than the park.  
Are you thinking that we're crazy??  Going on vacation when you don't have a job??  Well, yes...if you lived in our house you would GO CRAZY!!  But, I'm certain that a week in Disneyland with all the kids...Joe will RUN home and say "YES" to the first job offer he gets!!!
I'll take the camera and get lots of pics!  I think I'm as excited as the kids are!!!  

***I just read Kate's recent post....and she's not doing too good.  Please check her blog (listed on the right) and keep her in your prayers. 

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Krista said...

Can I meet you there...PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE! Sounds wonderful..but you guys are so deserving! We just "celebrated" the new year, in our hotel with Seth! We splurged again so he could go swimming. We actually watched the home and garden channel till 1 minute till! We're old too, I guess!
Now it's snowing..like 5-10 inches tonight...guess I won't be going home tomorrow like planned!
Kate is doing better and is stable now...now we just continue to wait! I think my stay in MI has been extended to several months!
Have a wonderful trip...be safe and ENJOY! lots of love!

Grandma Judy said...

Yes Kat, YOU do deserve a vacation.
Take those boys and let them have fun. School starts back next week.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Happy New Year..
and like Grandma said..

you all deserve a fun vacation..

Much love and hugs
Me

Samantha said...

You will have so much fun...if there are any people in the world who need a break right now...your family is one of them! Isaac will love the rides...Micah went on almost all of them (except for the roller coasters of course...he will never get to go on those). I will be interested to hear if he likes the carosel...Micah HATED that one with a passion.

I am going to want to talk to you about the whole g-button thing...I think we are headed in that direction...and I am really scared.

Have a wonderful time!

Hugs,
Samantha