We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, May 12, 2008

Eli and Isaac...just kickin' back....
Close up of the cutie pie...
OH...I'm still working on sitting up...
Here's what they look like all day....Chris trying to hit Eli, Eli smiling, and Isaac crying...
I've got some drums...but, don't really like hitting them...


Well...I hope everyone had a GREAT mother's day!
Joe had to work on Sunday morning...and I was suppose to get up and get everyone else out the door for church...BUT, Isaac had a fever and was pulling at his ears...I knew what kind of day that we'd have. SO, we didn't go to church. Well...what I didn't know, was that Joe wore his suit to work on Sunday morning so that he could meet us at church...OH...SO SWEET!! He got there....saved us seats...and waited and waited. Then, he decided to come home. How sweet was that?? He wasn't SO upset with us when he saw that Isaac wasn't feeling well.

That leads us to TODAY. I decided to go ahead and take my little man in. AND....yep, double ear infections AGAIN. It's only been 28 days since our last ear infection. It's a GOOD thing that they are planning on putting tubes in his ears during the cleft palate surgery...which is in ONE MONTH! YIKES!!! We've decided that it's going to be the easiest to take ALL the boys to Cali and Mandy will watch the big boys while I'm at Stanford. THEN...if I need extra help at Stanford, Mandy's hubby can watch all the kids and Mandy can come help me. Chris will be out of school already...but, Eli will have to miss 9 days of school...no worries though...I've already checked with the school and they are OK about the absences.

I can't think of a funny "Eli" story to tell (and that's only because my brain is fried!)...but, he's having trouble deciding where to have his birthday party this year....should it be at CircusCircus, Build a Bear, Chuck e Cheese....oh, the decisions a 5 year old has to make...it's tough!!!

AHH....I HAVE THE HOSPITAL RESULTS...I almost forgot to tell you!
Here's the synopsis:
**Heart cath--RV systolic pressures appox. 1/2 of systemic
Elevated LV diastolic pressure of 18
Main PA 16-18mm in size, Right PA is 18-19mm in size, left PA is 11mm in size
(everything else was in the "normal" range for Isaac's heart)

**lung profusion scan--Total right lung perfusion is estimated at 43% vs. left lung at 57%.
Left upper lobe is 46% vs. 54% left lower lobe....
Right upper lobe is 32% vs. 68% lower lobe perfusion.

****This is odd...the left PA branch is the smallest...but, getting more blood flow to the lungs...and vice versa. This has the cards scratching their heads a little.

**MRI of spine--normal lumbar spine, normal thoracic spine
The left lobe of the thyroid was not identified.
MRI OF BRAIN--"Abnormal white matter increased with signal on the FLAIR sequence. This suggests some delayed myelination.

(this is what i'll have to research and get my list of questions for the neuro next month).

That's all I've got!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have known better than to utter the dreaded "all the babies are behaving" line! Isaac wants to throw his hat back in the ring, too!!! I hope he kicks that ear infection quickly! Good move taking him in right away.

The pictures of the boys are cute, as always! Chris looks like he's up to no good, Eli is his hammy self and Isaac looks like he wants everyone to get away so he can watch tv!! (Pretty close??)

Off to try to get some sleep. My little guy has been keeping me busy!! The codeine was my friend this afternoon, but not so much tonight! It's keeping him up! UGH!

Love ya,

Cindy

Mandy said...

Yeah for going to Cali!! I can't wait. The boys are going to have a blast. And yes, we will do everything that Kathy tells us NOT to do. And don't worry, we will have another party here for Eli. Our six flags/discovery kingdom is AWESOME. It's like the zoo, Sea World and Bush Gardens all in one!!! :)

And we will also get to pop in and visit Isaac and Kathy. Maybe we can take her Olive Garden one day for lunch. ;)

T n T - K n K said...

Yeahhh for sisters! Mandy your awesome. She's so lucky to have you.
Love love love the pics of your little men. There little personalities are fun to watch pour off the page.
Kathy, you've learned a 2nd language (Isaac's results) and I am going to have to catch up to be able to understand it all. Research is my fav so I might lag a bit but I want to understand all that's going on with your precious little angel.
Mother's Day is always special even if my our little ones are swinging from the curtains, crying for who knows what....simply because...we ARE mothers and that's a beautiful miracle in itself!!
Love you ALL
Tasha

Tina:0) said...

What georgeous boys you have - future heart breakers I'm sure! And that Isaac - he's just so nubby! I could gobble him up! I just love the pics! The results sound overall good, but obviously puzzling to the docs. Gotta make them earn their pennies, our kids do - lol!

Don't worry, I'm actually at peace with things for Vaeh's upcoming surgery. If I sounded too worried in my post, I didn't mean to alarm anyone. Just thinking on 'paper' so to speak! Thanks for all of you thoughts & prayers! I've made so many friends since coming into the new millenium. I don't know where I'd be witout my heart moms for support! Thanks again, & give that Isaac a big hug from all of us here!

Tina:0)

Tina:0) said...

What georgeous boys you have - future heart breakers I'm sure! And that Isaac - he's just so nubby! I could gobble him up! I just love the pics! The results sound overall good, but obviously puzzling to the docs. Gotta make them earn their pennies, our kids do - lol!

Don't worry, I'm actually at peace with things for Vaeh's upcoming surgery. If I sounded too worried in my post, I didn't mean to alarm anyone. Just thinking on 'paper' so to speak! Thanks for all of you thoughts & prayers! I've made so many friends since coming into the new millenium. I don't know where I'd be witout my heart moms for support! Thanks again, & give that Isaac a big hug from all of us here!

Tina:0)

The Portas said...

I love the pic of the three boys. How cute! How cute that Joe went to meet you all at church. What a sweetie!

YUCK, more ear infections?? Hopefully the tubes will take care of that. It will be so good for you guys to get the cleft surgery out of the way. I wish I hadn't used up all of my vacation time, I'd come help you in the hospital!

Grandma Judy said...

Finally another picture of Chris!
I thought perhaps he had been banned from the family. I like seeing the three of them together.
I know how Chris is about "hanging out" with his little brothers.

Tasha, please do the research so you can explain to the rest of us.

Yes, Mandy is a great sister to have! She really helps out Kat and Joe alot. I'm glad she's just a few hours away.

James said...

Great job Isaac! You look like a little boy sitting there; especially if you had a big boy haircut! Your so cute :) Kathy, are those results in english? Please let us know something understandable when you find out. Thanks, Abby

Unknown said...

Poor baby..more ear infections. I'm so glad he is getting tubes at the upcoming surgery.

I'm sitting here scratching my head as well regarding the PA's and pressures. At least they have some numbers to start with.

I have no idea with teh MRI results mean but I'll do some research. If you find any information that would be helpful in understand..please pass that along.

Take Care!

Colin's Blog said...

Great pics-what a handsome crew you have there! Sounds like Isaac's cath results are good....funny because Colin has more profusion to his right lung and not so much to the left!! Hoping that Isaac is feeling better. Don't know much about the MRI results.

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day-you deserve it!!

Kelly said...

Happy Mother's Day (belated) to one of the hardest working moms I know! You've got some handsome boys there!

I can't believe surgery is one month away! How is the no pacifier going? I can't imagine how hard that would be!

jencooper said...

Poor ears. Mr. Isaac - be nice to your mommy!!

Love the new pics. All of the Roller boys are so handsome! Thanks for sharing a day in your life by pictures.

I hope that you are going to explain all of that medical stuff to us!

<3,
jennifer