We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yesterday I decided to cut Isaac's bangs....just his bangs.


He's sitting on the bathroom sink...and cringed everytime
the scissors touched his face (like I'm going to cut him!)
Chris was my photographer...he did a great job!
So, Joe didn't come in from work until 10:30 last night! We didn't go to bed until midnight (and I won't tell you that JOE went up before me!!--but, I'm not mad about that!)

THEN, Isaac decided to wake up early jabbering and playing....yeah...it was 3:30 in the morning! I put him in our bed to see if he'd go to sleep...but, NO....he continued to kick around and try to talk. So, I put him back in his crib. I have NO IDEA what time he fell asleep...because I must have fallen asleep....just in time for my clock to go off at 5:30 to wake Chris up for seminary!!! I thought I was going to DIE this morning! I still might.

OK....don't tell Joe...but, I did take a nap today.

Eli and I made a deal a few days ago. He's selling cookie dough for school...and I'm not buying any...so, I told him that if he wasn't upset (because he wanted the candy worms for selling something)...that I'd take him to Build-a-Bear. So, today....we went. He picked out a shiny, blue bear...with a police uniform! He's the happiest 6 year old EVER! And...another cute Eli story... He comes home all the time and tells me about Mr. Wilson, his music teacher...and how funny he is...and the silly nicknames he has for some of his students. Eli doesn't have a nickname...so, he asked me to email Mr. Wilson and ask him for a nickname. And....the wonderful mom that I am...actually emailed Mr. Wilson, told him what a wonderful teacher he was, that Eli loved him...but, could he PLEASE think of a silly name for Eli. And...today was music day! Eli was so excited this morning. When I picked him up...he was giddy! He's "Eli Jellybean!) and thinks that's great! He told me that Mr. Wilson was picking on him and calling him jelly bean...and his face turned red. Then, Mr. Wilson said, "you are a jelly bean...a red jelly bean!" Eli told me that he was so glad that I emailed Mr. Wilson..."now he'll pick on me FOREVER" YES!!!

Seriously.....that happened today.

Chris re-took his algebra test....my fingers are crossed for that little man!

Isaac was an angel today (as always)...even though he kept me up ALL NIGHT! He ate twice today...so, he's really consistent now. We see the gi doc and a nutritionist next month...so, they'll help me come up with a plan to help him transition. We're still a LONG way from no tube feedings....but, cutting down a few will be GREAT!!!

They're doing early voting at our grocery store..so, I think I'll take Chris with me tomorrow afternoon and let him see the process (but, only if the lines are short!) Ok...Joe's watching the Office...and he's tired of hearing my keyboard clicking...so, I'll see you tomorrow!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Eli is a big NERD. Please tell him I said so. And tell Chris I saved his number in my phone so I'll text him all the time just to run your phone bill up. :)

Also, please tell Chris Meghan will be there Saturday night and he can entertain her all weekend. I'm not sure why he loves playing with her. She drives us crazy. Just wait, you didn't really see much of her last time. She is really going to drive Joe CRAZY!!

So since Isaac is doing better, I think it's about time he finally makes a trip with Aunt Mandy to M&M World!! :) PLEASE!!!! We can go Monday while the other two kids are in school. (I'm still taking them, just at someother time.)

See you Saturday

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Eli Jellybean... cute.......

I have a great way of cutting bangs... you pull them all forward... twist... then snip...
works perfect...


and..
Dr. Baron is waiting til winter is over before we start to decrease Nutren feeds...
April....

Tina:0) said...

Sounds like a busy household - as usual!

Is Chris entertaining a career as a photographer?! Great pics! Hope the test went well!

They allow absentee ballots in Ohio now with no reason given, so Jon & I voted about 2 weeks ago. Is this silly election over? I'm so tired of all the campaign ads!

Hope "Eli Jellybean" has a good day in school! Its so fun to have a cute nickname (that you actually like!).

Hope you all have a great weekend!

PS - nice haircut, Mr. Isaac!

Grandma Judy said...

Oh....I like Terri's hair cuting idea. She's just so smart! Hey Terri!

I'm still waiting for that algebra grade.....

Eli is "one of a kind". You need to publish a book on the cute things he has to say. He's a man before his time!

Keep on feeding Isaac. We will be looking at the chubby cheeks soon!

Grandma Judy said...

I just realized, in that last picture, Chris took a picture of the mirror, and you and Isaac are the reflection. I couldn't figure out why the curtain was in the wrong place! I must REALLY be getting old. Way to go Chris!

The Portas said...

I LOVE Eli Jellybean! How cute. What a good mama you are...and what a good teacher Mr. Wilson is. :)

I'm so excited about Isaac's continued GOOD feedings. Slowly, he will get there. Way to go, little cutie man!

Now, would you come and cut Elijah's hair for me? I need to do it soon (it's out of control AGAIN) but I'm afraid I'll mess it up!

jencooper said...

Eli Jellybean....perfect! I am so happy that he loves his nickname.

I hope that Chris did well on his test.

Great job on cutting Isaac's bangs. I haven't gotten that brave yet.

Hope that you have a terrific weekend!!

<3,
jennifer

Kelly said...

It's nice to see you in the pictures from time to time. =) What did the finished product look like? He's seriously looking like a little man these days.

Your little Eli cracks me up! He has such a personality. Hopefully the alegbra test went well. I'd offer to tutor.. but I'm a little too far away. =)