We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, June 12, 2007



CRAZY DAY!! Let's just start from the beginning... Joe's in Reno this week and Christopher is at camp. I talked to Christy last night and she's headed this way with her boys today! Isaac has his 9am cardio appointment.
Don't cry.....but, Eli was talking to me this morning and said, "Mom, why was Isaac born with a broken heart?"....I thought I was going to CRY!! What a sweet, yet sad thing for your 4 year old son to have to ask. I won't choke you up with my response....but, I sure do love that Eli!
Now..let's talk about that appointment... The nurse checked his sats (oxygen levels) and they were in the 60s!!! (normal is 100...normal for Isaac is low 80s!!!--maybe high 70s)...that FREAKED me out!! So, Dr. Mayman did the echo (the ultrasound of the heart) and saw no problems with the heart. The pulmonary artery had actually grown more (it was measuring 2.8mm--normal child this age is about a 4)...and the stent they placed in the artery was still there with no blockage and blood was flowing through it as it should. The nurse came back in to re-read his oxygen levels..and it was still reading low...so, they sent us to their main office (which is in the HOOD of Las Vegas!!!). We drive straight there--FAST--because, if his sats are indeed in the 60s, I have to go straight to the emergency room! Well, we arrive and they take us back immediately,...and his sats come in at 73-75...whooo! They said that maybe the other meter wasn't working properly ( I HOPE!). So...we drive home. What a stressful way to start your morning off. Now, I get home...and Isaac is still not eating very well. He's drinking an ounce of milk and he's just exhausted. I'm not sure what's going on with him. So, (after some brilliant ideas from my mom), I called the cardiologist back and he ordered a pulse ox for us and a scale (so that I can monitor his oxygen levels and his weight at home)(oh...his weight..he weighed in today at 9lbs 6ozs..that's a 2 oz loss...YIKES)--I checked his ox tonight..and it came in at 75!!! (Dr. Mayman said not to worry unless it got down in the 60s). Now...I can relax....NOT...Christy is here with Kenny and Luke (now..this blog has to be monitored for quality assurance..because, Christy reads it!)... The boys were very well behaved today..(as far as these boys go...nothing was broken or thrown or no one was bleeding or bruised...it was great!). Christy went to the store and got cupcakes for us to have a mini party for Eli tomorrow. And, to top off our day...Christopher called home from camp...Just to sing Happy Birthday to Eli. It was so SWEET. Eli said, "Chris, I cried last night because I missed you"...and Christopher said, "I miss you too Eli, I'll see you on Saturday!". Now...you all know that I love all three of these boys to DEATH and I spoil them rotten..but, you have to admit...I have some sweeties on my hands!!! They make me so happy I decided to be a mom! (It's been an emotionally draining day...my hormones must be out of whack!). The pictures above are of Isaac and his new handy-dandy-pulse ox meter....I'll take a pic with his numbers on it tomorrow!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Sounds like things are about normal for the Roller Household. I KNEW Chris would find a reason to call home! I really thought he would pull the "My stomach hurts " trick. That always worked great in elementary school.

I'm glad that you got the oxygen monitor and the scales. I think it will help you decide when it's time to get stressed, instead of always wondering. Anyone out there with a good suggestion on how to get a baby to gain weight, please let Kat know.

Don't let Christy's boys tear the house down. Luke can destroy anything. He is the child that ate sheetrock from off the wall, after knocking a hole in the wall. Grandkids, you've got to love them!

Speaking of Grandkids, that's why I am up in the middle of the night.
I went to church last night for a hour or so, leaving Grandpa to watch Meghan. I asked him NOT to let her go to sleep until I returned. Well, when I got back Meghan was in bed sound asleep. So now she want to get up and play.
Men ! Do they Ever listen?

Happy Happy birthday to Eli. He's proving to be an Excellent Big Brother. Now instead of asking for toys for himself, he tells me he needs it for Isaac.

Kat, get Christy to help you get the house in order while she is there. Anything she can do to help out will make your load just a little lighter. I still think you should get a maid to come in every now and then to help out!

Have a good birthday party! I'll be thinking about all of you!
MOM

Mandy said...

Now I know why you really want me to come out this weekend. To clean and not to see you and the boys. I will wait to come see Isaac when I can bring Meghan. I'm sure you miss her.

I'm glad to see the Isaac is okay. It's also a good thing that both moms are not close because I'm sure they would have both been right with you at the hospital stressing out also.

Have a good week and I'll send Eli his gift out tomorrow. (I still need to go get it.)

Mandy