We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's 7am and Isaac is sound asleep. I know what you're thinking...how did you get him to sleep?? Well, it seems that if an iv site clots off and you hook up the pump with fluids...it hurts, thus causing you to scream until you make every alarm sound and three nurses run into the room. Luckily....they see slight swelling in the hand, they pull the iv out....and now you just have a puffy right hand. But, that can't be all there is to this story....because, now they must insert another iv because you have surgery today. Maybe they could put the iv in while you are under anesthesia.....but, no...they need the iv to put you to sleep. So, here we sit....(or sleeping in Isaac's case)...waiting for a good nurse to come and torture him once again....and it's after 7am....so, once the torture is over, he can't be comforted with a bottle.....because he has to STARVE before surgery.... Oh, I do hope this is not how our day will go.....I hope we're surrounded by more sweet and observant nurses that keep their eyes on my angel! (I'm sure the day will go good....I only got 3 hours of sleep last night and was just planing on a quiet, uneventful morning.......like that could ever happen!)

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Poor little Isaac. It seems as though they are just picking on you. And this is supposed to be the Good floor??

Kat, Keep them straight. Better still, let Joe get hold of them. I think he could take care of things!!!

Hope all goes smoothly today. I'm not ready for anymore surprises.

I'd send you both a valium if I had one.

Love you all,
MOM

Mandy said...

Poor baby. Do I need to come get the people up there straight?? Call me if you need anything. I'm off today and off again July 5 and th. I know Brooke is coming to Vegas but let me know if you need anything.

Take care.

Mandy