We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's saturday night...sorry for not updating all day. We had a horrible night. Isaac was not eating good, and when he would finally take a bottle, his reflux was getting so bad that he would lose all that he just ate. Then, he would have heart episodes where his rate would go from the 140s to 225 while he was dead asleep. Then, he had two episodes where his eyes looked to the upper right corner and he couldn't move them and focus on anything. Then...(now we're still talking about night problems)...he had a temp of 103!!! I felt so bad for my little man. Needless to say, we spent our day with a very fussy man. He had blood draws. I talked with the GI doc...and we put Isaac on Prevacid...but, he told me if this doesn't help...it's the fundoplication surgery (stomach wrap) and g tube surgery. We aren't scheduled to have his swallow study done now until Monday. Thanks to the help of a super friend Terri...we were able to get Isaac moved to the peds ICU (they will monitor him better here). It's been an exhausting day and I hope Isaac can sleep tonight. We are holding his feeds tonight to give his little belly a break and he is being put on oxygen. I'll post again tomorrow...and will try not to wait so long again!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Good morning dear. Mom's hapy that Terri was able to help you get Isaac out of the area he was in. Maybe this will make the grandmas feel that your little blueberry will have better care. Call us if you need anything. I come back home on Tuesday and can come on Wednesday if you want me to.

Mandy

Grandma Susie said...

Kathy & Joe, our hearts go out to all of you - this is not easy and we know that. We love you guys and your doing a wonderful job taking care of everybody-including each other! So happy you got Isaac moved yesterday! Please call on us to help if you need one or both of us. Hugs & Kisses, Mom & Dad

Grandma Judy said...

Sorry I haven't posted earlier. Mandy read the blog to me this morning while I was eating. It's the first thing I do each morning is read the blog. There's so much going on there, I can't keep up with everything. I know what a whirlwind you must be in!

Sit down, take a break, and go find yourself a brownie. I'll get Mandy to make you some of her choc chip cookies !!!!
Love you, MOM