We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, June 18, 2007




Little Isaac had another fussy day (that's two in a row...three days will make it a new trend)! He's sleeping longer at night...which is nice during the night...but, he's not getting enough feeds in, so, overall...I need to wake him up! But, when I wake him up...he's too tired to eat...then I just have a grump baby on my hands! I did manage to get a few smiles out of him today! I didn't even try sticking the oxygen canula up his nose today...I just layed the hose beside him during the feedings...and that still bothered him...what a STINKER he is at times! (I'm not sure if that's his personality starting to shine through...or he just feels bad). Dr. Mayman, the cardiologist, called today to check on Isaac. I told him that his sats are in the 60s at every feeding now...and he said that maybe that's ok for him. (MAYBE---ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I'm no doctor...but, that can't be good for a long period of time!). He said that his artery needs ballooning up again (the pulmonary artery) or this may mean that he needs surgery sooner! (YIKES) But, we will should know next Friday when they do the heart cath. (If Isaac gets into the 60s during rest periods....we'll have to take him to the hospital and they may have to do the heart cath sooner than the 29th!). So, I check Isaac's sats with the new pulse ox...that we tape around his big toe...and he can't stand it! (I can only imagine what a cranky bug he'll be after surgery if he can't stand tape around his foot!). During our days...I'm pretty much making him angry with me by putting oxygen near him and always checking his sats...he only loves me because I'm his milk cow!!! As for the other men in my life...Joe is in California until Wednesday for work. Eli is bugging me for another toy that he didn't get to buy with his money (like he didn't get enough this weekend). Christopher finally unpacked his camping gear and 2 bugs came along...I thought they were scorpions, but Joe said they were just pincher bugs (now...Joe's not here..but, he's trying to tell me what they are...It sounds like I was braver when I caught them if I told you they were scorpions...BIG scorpions!!!) It's getting late for me, and Isaac must be woken up and changed and fed and put in his swing to sleep...(that boy has still never slept in his crib or cradle....I wish I would have saved the boxes!).

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Wow, he's really alert in these pictures. You can see that "Personality" shining through.
I can't wait until he starts to talk! ! !
MOM

Christy said...

Hey Kat- If you wanted scorpions in your house why didn't you say something I have more than enough to go around.

Christy