We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, June 29, 2007

I can't believe it's Friday...we've been here for 8 days!!! (that means that Isaac is 3 months old...and has spent 1/3 of his life in a hospital...ohhhhhh). What I thought was going to be a great day...turned CRAZY on us. The day nurse came in about 8am and checked Isaac's IV...and it was getting clogged and his foot was swollen and hard. Now...Isaac has blown 3 IV sites now...and has NO good veins left to try. The head nurse that was able to get the last iv in came and gave it a try....three pokes later...NOTHING!!! We had to get the IV in because he needed a blood transfusion and fluids until he eats full feeds.... That meant that the doctor had to come in.....oh wait...Before that, a transport nurse tried to even get the iv in his head!!! That didn't work...so now in comes the doctor...and she gets it in his neck!!! MY POOR BABY!!! I'm at home now...showered up and loading photos...When I left, Isaac was sleeping. I just talked to Joe and he was able to feed Isaac 1 ounce of milk with a bottle and he did great!!! (he screamed because he wanted more...that's our baby!) That's all I know for now...I'll keep you posted!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Happy Happy Birthday Isaac. I'm so glad you are here with us. You have taught us love, patience, determination, and all kinds of good stuff. I can't wait until you are a year old. Maybe by then all of this will be over with.

I'll tell Eli it's your birthday. He will want a birthday cake for sure.

Hope you have a restful night.
Love you,
Grandma Judy

T n T - K n K said...

Hi precious pumpkin..
I'm going to order no more ouweees for your footy..
Sending kisses until we see you!
Kat & Joe
I will call your cell in the am to check in....I'm just getting home.

Wishing you all an uneventful Peaceful Sleep tonight.

Luv T & T