We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, August 10, 2007

Can you hear me?? What?? Oh...you can't hear me because we've moved to higher ground!!! We're on the 3rd floor now!!! (We're in the intermediate ICU room...but, we're on higher ground...and here at Stanford...that means we're doing good!!! It's been a busy morning for our little guy. They pulled out his chest tube (ouch!), pulled out his artery line (another ouch!), and changed our rooms! His feeds have been increased to 75cc's every 2 hours (before we came, he was on 90cc's...so, we're almost back to normal!). Isaac is on room air oxygen, but just at a 2 liter rate...to push air in his lungs. His upper lobe is still partially collapsed, but, xrays show that it's improving everyday. Our little man has been smiling ALL day!!! It's so nice to see a smiling face! He's had a bit of an upset tummy today..so, maybe that will settle over night (I think it's just all the meds he's taking). They have set our discharge tenatively for Tuesday at 1pm....my fingers are crossed that nothing happens between now and then...and we're home by Wednesday!!!
I talked to Christopher today...that boy talks more than a girl...and Eli sang the Cuppy Cake song to me...he told me that he's going to be famous now because EVERYONE was watching his youtube video!!! (I can't wait to snuggle the guys...)
Enjoy the show! We couldn't be happier today (well, Joe could be...he's getting a little sick...but, he's resting now)..but, he's still happy!


Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Love it!!! Mike is cracking up at the song, too...

I actually love those "head IV's"..
they last longer and they are not in the way!!

Wow guys.. only one week in the CVICU is awesome! Way to go.

Hope you get to come home Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!

Grandma Susie said...

Great news you guys!! Isaac looks so good and the video music was really fun & very appropriate for the occation.

I noticed Joes raspy voice a couple days ago & thought he sounded a little run down. Both of you probably need some real rest (at the very least) Maybe some homecooked meals, and some leisure time.

Joe, if you don't already have it, I'm bringing "Harry Potter" with me when I bring Chris and Eli home. Ed left his copy for us :)
We love you guys - stay hydrated and slow down if at all possible.

Love mom

Grandma Judy said...

Oh Little Isaac,
You are looking GREAT! I can't believe how good you are doing.
Guess MOM and DAD are doing their job looking out for you.

Tell Miss Terri that Grandma's DON'T like the IV's in the head. I perfer them the old timey way. But I have learned, we will do whatever it takes to make you all better.

We are still saying our prayers that you will be coming home soon.
Your big brothers I's sure are waiting to see you. And as for Eli...well his Head has grown a little bigger. He is ready to produce his next video...perhaps he will let you star in it with him.

Hope you have a peaceful day Little One.
Grandma

Grandma Judy said...

Yes folks, I can read and write. My keyboard just gets away from me from time to time...especially early in the morning.

The above sentence should read...
Your big brothers sure are waiting to see you.

Or better still...
Your big brothers are waiting to see you.

I THINK I was originally typing
was Your big brothers I'm sure.....
Well, you get the message.

Isaac, you know I love you...even if I can't type.
Grandma

James said...

Way to go Isaac! You are one strong little boy; and sweet I'm sure. It looks as though you like stuffed animals everywhere, just like Lauren! You are just missing the babydolls! HaHa. Hang in there, you will be home soon. Love ya, The McKeel's

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Hee Hee...
hey Grandma Judy ... *smile*

re: your comment...*giggling*

"Tell Miss Terri that Grandma's DON'T like the IV's in the head. I perfer them the old timey way. But I have learned, we will do whatever it takes to make you all better."

Oh gosh ... they are quite awful looking and shocking...

and I remember a neonatologist calling me BEFORE I came to hospital to warn me first.. yada yada... but what I found after all those months...

as awful as it "looks" ... those puppies lasted sooo much longer, for whatever reason ... they were good and easy veins to get into....
and he didn't yank them out..

so in the end ... for us anyway...
I would prefer those ...
he was not blowing the ole head IV's out as much...

in the end, that meant less poking and sticking....

Hugs girl..
it's almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Glad to see you are coming home soon so that I can come visit and drop this crazy dog off. Seth wants to sit here and keep watching the videos of Isaacs pics. I'll never get thim off the blog now. Take care and we still love you. (even though I only get to talk to you maybe once a week now :) )

T n T - K n K said...

Isaac you look wonderful...getting nice & plump. Gorgeous eyes...just gorgeous. I do believe I'm partial to Mohawks...it's becoming, and you are wearing it well! Feel better...mommy & daddy are on the job to assist in every way.
Kathy & Joe...hugs to you guys, almost home. You all are doing a phenomenal job!!