We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, August 06, 2007



It's just another manic Monday...ah ah...(isn't that a song??)....well, we made it through another day! Isasac is still on the vent. They're going to try to get him off tomorrow (but, that seems to be the plan everyday!) His sats were good today (only a few desat episodes.). His blood pressure and heart rate stayed pretty low today, but they were pumping him full of lasix....so, that's why (they think). But, thanks to the lasix, he's not a puff ball anymore!!! We had wonderful nurse Annie again today...and tonight we have Jerry. (you'll have to tell me if you remember her Terri). Joe's on night duty once again! We received goodies from Christy and Mandy...Joe actually carried most of them to the hospital tonight to share with the nurses (I don't need any help gaining weight here...it's all I can do to cope with the stress...I need a treadmill beside Isaac's bed!). Grandma Judy sent more toys for Isaac.....so, Joe took them and the dino that Mandy sent .... It looks like Christmas in August at Isaac's bedside! Joe did successfully burn up one baby tad...but, he also successfully installed the mp3 player and speakers on the second one that he had to buy! Isaac can now hear classical music 24 hours a day thanks to his wonderful dad!!! I was mistaken yesterday about how much milk Isaac is taking...it's only 5cc's per hour...that's like one teaspoon. (i bet he's starving!). So, today it was increased to 10cc's. He really had a good day...I hope and pray that he has an easy night! Thanks for all the goodies and thinking about us! We're trying to get out as fast as we can...we miss the hustle and bustle of Vegas...it's too quiet here!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a cute picture. He looks great! The baby Tad sounds awesome, what a good dad he has. He is going to love looking back at these stories when he is older, this is such a good idea to preserve all these memories. You are both wonderful!

Grandma Judy said...

He's looking real peaceful, but I sure would like to see all those things detatched. I want to see him up in his swing just "Chillin'.

Be good to baby Isaac today and give him lots of kisses.
MOM

The Portas said...

They did the same thing with us...telling us he'd get off the vent "tomorrow." Honestly, though, you want him to be 100% ready to be extubated. Waiting a few extra days is WAY better than having to see him go through re-intubation. The docs will know when the time is right. Once he's off the vent, you'll get to LOVE on him! I bet you're so excited for that!!!

I loved your comment about needing a treadmill beside Isaac's bed. Funny girl!

Well your man looks wonderful, and so peaceful! I'm so so so glad to hear things are going so well. It's obvious he is very loved and happy and that helps him a whole lot.

I continue to pray for you all. You are doing so great!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Girl.. you are so right about a treadmill and coping w/ stress.

I actually gained a bunch of weight during my three months...
I would eat chocolates to help me cope...

My friends would call me and say alll sadly..."Terri, are you able to eat anything?"
I would bust up ...
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I can't stop eating... I was always sneaking those rice krispie treats!!

Oh how I wish I had a treadmill by the bed!! Just sitting on the bum all day isn't good for our figures...

and Megan is sooo right Kathy...
as hard as it is about the vent...
it's best to let him rest and get those lungs healthy...

It'll all be over soon, I promise...
then it'll be hard to remember these days... it's true.

He's so sweet... and I wish I had known Joe when we were there...
that MP3 deal would have been perfect for Matthew...

hugs you guys!!

Me

James said...

He does look so much better :)
I need to know where to mail a card? Las Vegas or RMH? I hope Isaac continues to feel better; at least he gets to listen to music! I wonder what he might be thinking or dreaming of? Love, The McKeel's

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Joe,

Isaac looks so adorable in Monday's picture!! Congrats on the baby Tad project!! You guys are awesome . . . and very creative! We are so glad to be able to get on this blog again. Quite a few people are calling to check on you and we now have info to tell them. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
the Jenkins
P.S. If you think of anything we can do from this end (besides pray) let us know. I'm not that creative!

Mandy B said...

I love the picture from Monday. He looks so much better. I even printed it and put it in my office for my coworker who have been saying some prayers for Isaac.
Keep it up you guys.
Kat--I sent you another e-mail
Love, Mandy B

Mandy said...

Glad to see Isaac is getting his toys and you are eating the snacks. And Joe sharing, how sweet. Make sure you press the dinos' arm so that you can hear him talk. Seth had to make sure Isaac could hear his voice. Take care and keep gaining weight. (you need it :) )

Mandy P

Cindy said...

That's a great picture! He's so peaceful looking.

Dad just called and said that he was taken off of the vent. That's wonderful news!


Love ya,
Cindy