We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Isaac had a stinky night. He's wretching alot and very irritable. I think it's all the meds he's taking in the g-tube now vs. the iv. Joe told me that he was a little (yeah right) short with the nurses and docs last night....and nothing had been resolved. So, when I came in this morning...and sent him to rest (for everyone's sake)...I was able to talk to the nurse practioner and get a new plan of action for Mr. Isaac. I think his little tummy is so upset because of the meds...so, when the docs round this morning, we are going to ask for them to be a little more aggressive about taking him off a few that cause tummy problems. I"ve got orders for zofram for his nausea and orders to let me play with the amount and rate at which he is fed. I'll post tonight and let you know how our day works out.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

7 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OH NO on the retching...

I hate to say that I personally think it's that dang fundo.

Matthew can't tolerate more than 2 oz at a time ... hence the 3 cans during the overnight feeds.

Ask the NP about Baclofen.
It is quite helpful.

Grandma Judy said...

Terri,
We've got to come up with a new name for you. You are hilarious, informative, and down right entertaining. Perhaps you should be our Doctor of Divine Intervention! When things begin to go wrong, your brain goes right to work. We love you for that.

Kat, are they venting him as much as you were at home?

Baby Isaac, calm down and relax. You will be going home real soon!
Grandma

Mandy said...

Terri,

You do realize that now everytime my mom has questions she will email you and ask what Kat's doing wrong!!

Kat, glad to see you and Joe are both still getting sleep this week. I was worried that the both of you would try to stay at the hospital all day together. I'm sure you are going to need you sleep now so that when Eli and Sto come home you can stay up talking with them all night. They will have all kinds of stories to tell and want to spend time with Isaac, oh and Joe and Kat also. Can't wait to visit in a few weeks.

Love ya
Mandy

SwampMom said...

Hey Baby Isaac. You sure are one precious angel!

Thanks for sharing and keeping us up to date Kathy. You are such a blessing.

I don't take the time to write everyday, but you can be sure I drop in.

Love you all. You are forever in my prayers.

Love,
Aunt Debbie

SwampMom said...

Ah ha ha ha ha!

Look at that California time stamp!!

It's after midnight!

'nite all.

Aunt Deb

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Girls...

You all know I love ya! ;-)
I love that sweet baby, too...
I feel like I know you all!

Anything I can ever do to help ...
that's what I want to do!

It's killin me coming back after dinner w/ Megan and Dan (Elijah's parents) and not seeing an update!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAH!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh, re: the venting...

for us ...
we could have his tube plugged in .. and vented...

Matthew still retches.