We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Isaac is off the vent! They tried a couple of times today..turning it off, to see if he would breathe on his own...and nothing! Finally, about 3:00, Lise was changing his diaper and he got mad and started breathing on his own!!! He was pretty mad for about 30 minutes...so, they said they'd give him tylenol to settle him down...but, it's tylenol in the bum....which makes him angrier! But, our little man is fast asleep now. So, in 5 more hours, I can feed him and maybe I can hold him tomorrow! I will post the pictures later tonight!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Yeah!!! Time to come over and play!!! I hope you got caught up on your sleep. You are going to need it now. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll stay up for a long time talking to you!!! Make sure you get pics with all his toys he's gotten. Glad to see he is finally awake and off the vent!! Maybe you'll get lucky and be home this time next week. It will great for him to be there when his brothers come home for their FRIST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!! (Hugh party at the rollers!!)

Love ya
Mandy

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Yippity skippity dooo dahhhh day!!

Hopefully you'll be home early next week!

I was talking to the girls at Nevada Early Intervention about you... I wasn't sure if you were getting their services yet...

Grandma Judy said...

I've waited, and waited and waited.
I'm so glad he's off the ventilator. I don't think I like those things.
Please ask all the nurses to be real EASY with Baby Isaac. He's so tender!
MOM

The Portas said...

YAAAYYYYYyyyyyyy! This is such great news!

He looks soooo good in those pics. I hope he ate well and I hope you and Joe are getting your rest.

You guys are doing great! Keep up the good work.