We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, August 28, 2007


isaac with Grandma Sue

Just a close up of Mr. Isaac

I know, I know...where have we been?!?!!? The boys have started school, Joe's been in Chicago, and Isaac has been pressing his nurse button every ten minutes!!! He's doing pretty good overall. Mark (speech therapist) came over yesterday and said that we need to get another swallow study done. Isaac is not drinking from his bottle at all and doesn't even swallow his saliva anymore...we have to suction his mouth every 10 minutes..and if we don't catch it in time, he starts to gag and then wretch. He's eating about 140cc's (a little over 4 ozs) every three hours...but, last night, he had one stretch where he slept for almost 5 hours!!! (It's a miracle!!!) Maybe he's realized that sleep is good and he should try more of it! We see the cardiologist today, so I'll have more to post tonight or in the morning (I'm not trying to give myself more work than I can handle!).

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Looking Good Isaac! I know you are glad that the big brothers are out of the house. Just wait, before you know it you will be in school.
Have fun with Grandma Sue.

Mandy said...

Don't worry Kat. If Isaac starts sleeping for a few hours in a row I will break him of it next weekend. I can't wait to come play. I'll take Isaac for the weekend and you can have Meghan. Get ready for us!!

The Portas said...

Sleep....ahhhh!! I'm sure he'll start sleeping more and more, little by little. Hopefully he lets Mommy get some good rest!

Keep up the good work. Your man looks as cute and sweet as ever. :)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Just checking in...

hope you can keep getting some sleep!

He's so cute...