We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I didn't post yesterday because Isaac was keeping me hopping!!! He's doing really well. We start tapering him off the predisone today (yippie...i think that's a source of his grumpy pants!). I talked to Mark today (our friend and speech therapist) and we talked about trying Isaac with his bottle again...well Mark....I tried....and my Isaac is TOO clever for that. He knows that he can refuse the bottle and I'll just put it in his tube...he actually watches for it now!!! (He's such the little stinker!) Boy, do you have your work cut out for you!!! We can't hold Isaac under his arms for 6 weeks...and I have to make such a conscience effort not to do so. The "under the bum scoop" looks a little silly sometimes...but, those are the rules!!! Isaac is now feeding 4 ozs every 3 hours!!! That makes it bearable at night...only waking up every 3 hours to start the pump rather than every 2 hours! I know you're all wondering...but, his bum is getting better...it's still a little on the pink side...but, he doesn't scream the minute he poops now (just after 3 mins now)! He has been searching for his thumb...I try to help him out...he'll get it! (then I can stop putting that pacifier in his mouth for him!).
I can't remember if I posted, but our friend Holly brought over some tasty soup the other day. And I have washed the bowl...and was going to make you brownies to put back in the bowl and return it to you...but, I can't find a brownie mix...I'll keep looking... But, just know Holly....that I'm thinking about brownies for you (it's the thought...right?>?>?>) . Just joking...because I want some of those brownies too...so, i'll find them...i will!!!
My other angels come home tonight....I'll be in heaven!!! (it's a heaven with no sleep...but, still heavenly!)
I'll stop procrastinating now...there are a MILLION things I need to be doing...and none of which are related to this blog...so adios for now...and I'll update later!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Don't worry, Eli will show Isaac how to suck his thumb. You making brownies, beware. (Just joking!! no one get mad at me! ) Enjoy having all our boys in the house tonight. Remeber, this is what you've been looking forward to.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Ahhhaa....
Magoo is the same way about not drinking bottles... but he only drank a couple bottles in his whole life.....

he would just get all happy when I'd hook him up...
and he'd just watch me allll
smuggly...

little stinkers!


Glad his bupp cheeps are better...
you still doing the "blow by"?

James said...

Glad all is doing well! He is so cute :) Thanks for the update on the blog; I was looking for one yesterday. Love, Abby

The Portas said...

I'm glad the bum is healing up! He'll come around with the bottle and eating.

Mmmm....brownies...can you send some to MN? hee hee.