We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Well, once again I didn't take any pictures. (Slackermom day!) We got in late last night....and Isaac slept SO good. He woke up about every three hours for feedings (I didn't set my clock to feed him every 2 hours...I let him wake me up....that's mean huh??) We met with Dr. Mayman today. Isaac does indeed still have fluid around his heart. We have him on prednisone now (hoping that will help clear it up.) We will meet with Dr. Mayman again on Saturday for another echo....if the fluid is still there...then we have to go to the HOSPITAL and get it drained! Yes...you heard correctly...back to the stinking hospital! I hope the steroids work! He's sleeping right now in his cradle. He's had a couple of cranky episodes today....but, it's when he wants his diaper changed...and he wants it at that very moment.
Joe was SO sweet today...he told me that he'd babysit so that I could get a hair cut. Now....he's not offering out of the goodness of his heart...he thinks my hair has gotten OUT OF CONTROL.!! And, well, it has. I had it cut a few weeks before Isaac was born and haven't had a chance since. So, five months later...it looks like it's grown a foot...I look like I'm trying to hitch a ride to the Woodstock festival with my free-flowing-el-natural look! Well...maybe the hospitals will get a beauty salon put in...that would be nice...and a day spa for massages when it gets stressful (I think i'll put that in the comment box!).

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Only my sister would want a day spa in a hospital. What will she think of next...
Glad to see Joe got you both home safe in the mini van. Tell him it's time for another oil change. Yes Kathy, you do actually change it every few months and not years!!
Tell Isaac that's he's being such a big boy and that he's making his big brothers proud.
When you find Janice and Natalie ask them if they are for rent. We will all help pay if they will keep your house that clean. Take pictures now and put the for sale sign out. The boys will be back soon and it will go back to it's original condition. And then just wait for Katie and Meghan. The two of them will destroy it!! :)

Love ya
Mandy

The Portas said...

You make me laugh! I love the salon in the hospital idea. You could make serious money on that.

I will say some prayers that little Isaac does not have to go back into the hospital. Going back and forth is NOT fun. Fluid, leave that little heart!

I want to see pics!!!

Grandma Judy said...

Kat,
Taking pictures is not that difficult. Put Joe on blog duty today, or at least picture duty.
I want to see how my little angel boy is growing.
MOM

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

When I was in the hospital.. I used to constantly wish for a salon... get the ole nails done and my hair trimmed... I didn't go for several months, so I know what you're talking about... My hair looked like total crap...
and my nails.. they still look like crap... I don't do nails anymore... sad... I love pretty nails...

Anyhoo.. I was checking on the little man...

I sure hope that fluid is under control...
I've been thinking of you all night... wondering....

Just curious.. did you call Mayman last night???

Samantha said...

Hi Kathy,

I have never signed here before, but I found you through Megan (Elijah) and I have been reading daily about sweet Isaac. I am also a heart mom of Micah.

I just wanted to let you know that there is actually a hair salon at the hospital that my kiddo had his heart surgery at! I guess you only find such absurdities (spelling??) in Dallas! I never did visit it though. I will have to check tomorrow when I go up there if they have someone doing massages too...I had not thought of that one either.

I am so glad that you guys have made it home and I will keep praying that Isaac does not need to return to the hospital to have the fluid drained.

Take care,
Samantha

Kathy said...

Let me know about the massages Samantha...I might have to change to Dallas for our next surgery!!!