We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, August 04, 2007

OH...I didn't get any more pictures tonight. It was a LONG day. His bp finally came up...then they decide to take him off of his valium. I told them that he would wake up mad...and I was right. So, he's on another drug to keep him slightly sedated...but, they do want him to start waking up. They decided to keep him on the vent today and through the night and try to get him off of it tomorrow. Isaac looks so pitiful just laying there...but, when I look at the others around...he's doing AWESOME~! Thanks for all your well wishes. I never thought about how sad it can be just sitting around the hospital (with all those sick people)....I don't know why I never thought about it...but, I never did. Anyway...it makes my day to read such upbeat comments each night...thanks for taking the time to follow us and send your love! We love you all!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

SUGGS FAMILY said...

Came to your blog from Matthews - Isaac is a doll! So glad he is doing well and I have been praying for him! From a fellow TOF w/PA mom,

Becky

Unknown said...

I don't know how you do it. It would be so hard going through the stuff you have gone through and watching your baby hurt. You are the one who inspires all of us!! You are amazing.

Mandy said...

Nice to see you found time to post tonight. Get some more sleep and we'll talk tomorow.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh Kathy ... I know what you mean about seeing those other babies and families ...

I had mixed feeling of warning you about some of the stuff you might see in the CVICU...
I wanted to ... but then, I didn't want to.

It was very hard to see all those babies struggle and be so critically ill ... and then to see the families suffer ....

it's such an emotional time for everyone ...

That is why I keep saying that sometimes you HAVE to get out of there for a little break.....We spent 3 months in the CVICU...
and it was HARD HARD HARD....

I will keep our little man in my prayers.... Praying that he's comfortable and gets off the vent.

The Portas said...

That is a hard place to be and there are some hard things to see. :( I know what you mean about it being hard to see.

I hope you are getting some rest! I hope Isaac comes off that vent today!

Prayers and hugs to you all..