We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, August 08, 2007





I know this picture is a little blurry...but, can you see him looking at the animal attached to his pacifier with his eyes crossed...it just cracks me up!!

My shift is over...HOORAY!!! Joe and I had a quick bite to eat..and he's on. Our nurse tonight is Michelle...she is the sister of a guy that works with Joe in Vegas..How crazy is that?? (So, I'm sure that Joe is giving her a hard way to go!). Isaac had a wonderful day! Only a few desat episodes...but, he got his new blood today...so, that should perk him right up! When he's awake, he is so alert and happy...although, he would not give me a smile, he did watch the tv, look at his toys, and look at the books when I would read to him. Who would have thought that only 5 days after heart surgery...he'd be so content...and he's only on motrin (the big guns as needed!). I'm so pleased with the care he's be given...that will make his next surgery easier to prepare for! They increased his feeds to 25cc's per hour (almost an ounce!!) and have hopes of taking out his rv line (that's attached to his heart) tomorrow...and then, his drainage tube.....and then...it's up to 3west..where the exit door is in site!!! They're working pretty aggressively on his lungs to get them in shape before any of that gunk has a chance to make him sick...so, unless there are any unforeseen problems (which I know exist out there)...I'm hoping for a late weekend discharge!!! Wouldn't that be DANDY! And then...I'll get to see my buttercup boys soon!!! I"m sure they've grown a foot! (just to make me look that much shorter!).

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Yea for Isaac. Glad to see you are a big boy and getting stronger. Make sure you stay up all night so that dad doesn't have a chance to sleep. Tell mom and dad to look on Super Eli's blog. I turned your big brothers into Simpson characters.

The Portas said...

These little munchkins heal up so quickly. Isn't it amazing??? I am SO HAPPY to see Isaac's pretty eyes in the pics today. He will be smiling very soon!

We are off on vacation (to Vegas...wish you were there!) later today, so I won't be able to check your blog. Best of luck this weekend! I hope that everything continues to go smoothly for you guys. You deserve it!

Grandma Judy said...

He's looking better and better every day. Check his foot band though. Looks like it's a little tight. His little legs must be swelling some.

Hope you were able to get some rest last night.

Hang in there!
MOM

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Wow, that will be great to get out this weekend... Wow!

When you go up to 3West.. ask for Raji, shes the NP up there.. she was just in Vegas and we had dinner. She was Matthew's primary day nurse in the CVICU pretty much the whole time.

Keeping our fingers crossed.