We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Oh my GOSH!!! We are home...in Vegas....in a CLEAN house!!! Janice...I don't know how you did it...but, you are a miracle worker...she cleaned my ENTIRE house...something that I haven't done (all at the same time) since we moved in!!! Joe was in shock when he walked in the door!!! Thank you, thank you thank you!!! After the long drive here (it took us 11 hours...stinky traffic)...it almost made me cry to see such a wonderful treat when we came in! We LOVE you Janice and Natalie!!! (I'll call you guys tomorrow...I just hope it was you two that saw my unsightly mess and not the whole ward!)

Isaac was up all night screaming. Not just crying, but screaming at the top of his lungs. I think it's his bum. All the meds he was on in the hospital made him poop a couple of times each hour...and his bum is SO red...my poor baby doll. But, now because of his sore bum, he likes to sleep on his side...and my little guy is sleeping in his crib FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! We have an appointment in the morning with Dr. Mayman (our cardiologist here). Isaac has some fluid built up around his heart already, so they just give him steroids or if that doesn't work..they drain it (yikes!!). It feels so good to be home! The boys fly in Monday or Tuesday night (i should check)...it's going to be a great week!!! (what's left of it!)

Now...if I can only get my sweet Joe to run to the store and get me some milk...i'll sleep just fine!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

I waited and waited and waited. I guess you forgot to call your MOM to let her know you were traveling on through. Oh well, I survived anyway. I did wonder throughout the evening and night where you were....another restless night!

I'm GLAD you are home! It's so nice to have friends that will jump in and help. I can imagine what kind of clutter you had left behind.

Back at home in your own bed...with all your favorite foods.
OOops, guess you haven't been to the grocery store yet.

Take good care of my little one.
Just sit back and hold him tight!
You better sleep when he sleeps.
We are so glad that ALL of you made it through this! It has been quite an adventure...and guess what.... there's more to come!

We love you all.
MOM

The Portas said...

So glad to hear you are home in a clean house! There's nothing better than coming home to a clean home.

Sorry to hear about the little guy's sore bum. :( I'd be mad, too, if I pooed that much.

Enjoy being home! I'm so happy for you guys..

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh girl... I SOOOO KNOW THAT FEELING ... it's like Heaven coming home!!

When I came home from Standord...
my house was perfectly clean...

friends brought us home cooked dinner for about a week or two....

my mom did all my grocery shopping for a year (thank God) ....

my mom paid someone to come and clean every two weeks for a while .....

my sister also came and helped me at night... (but Matthew was quite a bit of work at that time)

THANK GOD FOR WONDERFUL FRIENDS AND FAMILY...
REALLY..
I KNOW IT MADE ME CRY...
THE KINDESS AND GENEROSITY OF OTHERS DURING OUR TIME OF NEED.

James said...

Glad to hear your home. Hope all goes well with the doctor visit. Your house won't be clean anymore once the boys get home! Enjoy it while you can :)
Love, The McKeel's

Mandy said...

Are you sure Janice and Natalie made it out of the house? They could be under a pile of stuff somewhere in that big house of yours!! Glad to see you made it home. We will call and warn the outlet malls and other store in Vegas that you are back. We will make sure that they go ahead and stock up on your favorite items!! (Joe, back to making lots of money for Kat to spend.) Take care and I'll be there in a few weeks to play.