We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, February 22, 2008

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!  

(even ALL of you that don't post...but, I know that you follow Mr. Isaac and pray for us often)

Although my hormones are still a wreck....today was a MUCH better day!  (maybe it's premenapause!)

FIRST...let me be the first to tell everyone that Chris remembered to bring home his gym
clothes!

Second...Eli is my little sweetie pie.  He starts t-ball practice tomorrow!!  Although, I'm not sure WHY they have scheduled a TWO hour practice for a bunch of 5 year-olds who don't have an attention span over 15 minutes?!?!  Go figure!!

Third...I'm a little worried about Isaac today.  We know from his chest x-ray that he has a little fluid in his lungs.   That's why we increased his lasix (to help dry them up!).  Well, today he sounds SUPER JUNKY and is breathing very noisy.  (Like you sound when you are congested..but, cough, and it clears your throat.  But, he coughs...and still sounds horrible).  I checked his sats today, and they are no lower than they have been.  I'm giving him breathing treatments every 4 hours (and it looks like I'll need to wake up all night to keep giving them).  I did call the pulmonologist's office and I am doing everything I can for him.  If he gets any worse, we'll have to take him in...TO THE HOSPITAL!  urghhh.   So...my plan is to call our ped in the morning (the one that's scared of us) and see if he can see us and give Isaac some antibiotics and maybe he needs steroids.  I just DON"T WANT TO GO TO T HE HOSPITAL.  They're just going to do a chest xray and tell me that the fluid has turned into pnemonia.  He's not struggling to breathe...he just sounds horrible.  My poor little angel!  I just hope we can make it through the night...I can't stand the ER in Vegas on a FRIDAY NIGHT!  (It's a freak show in there!)

Fourth...It's Joe's birthday.  My sister watched Isaac for a few hours so that we could sneak away for dinner.  It was GREAT!  Thanks again Mandy!  I'm not going to get all mushy about Joe (because he reads my blog for quality assurance...and I'll get in trouble...)but, he is my best friend, my biggest supporter, the best dad, the best husband....and is a great example for all of our boys.  I can't wait to grow old with you....and push you in your wheelchair when you get old (because your hip is bad and your knees gave out a LONG time ago)!!  Happy Birthday sweetie!

Ok...that's all I've got.  I took tons of pics today...but, Isaac is keeping me a little busy....so, I'll try to post them tomorrow.  Thanks again for all your sweet words....If you even read this blog...then, maybe you "kind of" like us...and that means the world to me!!!  Hugs and kisses to everyone!!!  Have a good night!  (and to Krista....the spell check was working tonight!)

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

10 comments:

Krista said...

We do love you Kathy...and you're boys! So glad you got out with Joe and had a great night! Those nights can be so refreshing.

And...just so you know I did throw out a trip to Vegas when we were discussing options! Well...my ultra conservative husband is weary of LV...so it looks like I'll be coming on my own...maybe this summer when he's out of school and can stay with Seth...or maybe I'll bring Seth along...or when I can find a cheap flight. But it's definitely on my "wanna do" list! I just have to meet you in person.

I am so hoping that this is nothing major with the little guy. You are so awesome to go out of the way to keep him out of the hospital.
Love ya lots
Krista

crabby old man said...

Hope the congestion is better this morning.
The growing older together is a good thing.
OLD AGE ANIN'T FOR SISSIES

crabby old man said...

Hope the congestion is better this morning.
The growing older together is a good thing.
OLD AGE ANIN'T FOR SISSIES

Mandy said...

Okay Isaac. Your mom has ran out of things for me to do so I'll leaving you today. Be good and take care of yourself. It was fun hanging out with you this week. I'll come back again in a few weeks so that we can maybe go to M&M world then.
Kat, take care. I'll work on Seth and his listening skills. Hopefully Meghan didn't drive you and Joe too crazy. But hey, isn't that what redheads are suppose to do?
Love ya

jencooper said...

Here is to hoping that there is NO HOSPITAL!!! I know that he is going to be feeling better. I am so happy that you are Joe were able to get away for a couple of hours. All of your boys are such dolls and you are a lucky woman. You are such an inspiration!!

<3,
Jen

Anonymous said...

I am saying big prayers that there is NO hospital and NO pneumonia in store for you this weekend! I'll be checking in for hopefully some positive updates! Get well hugs to Isaac!!

So glad you got to go out with Joe by yourselves. He sounds so wonderful! And you guys certainly deserved some "alone time". How great that your sister was there to hold down the fort!

Hope Eli is having fun at his marathon t-ball practice! You'll have to post pictures when he's in his little uniform! I can't wait for Jacob to do that kind of "boy stuff"! I tried to force Steph to keep playing softball for ME, but she put her foot down a long time ago and decided she didn't want to play anymore. So God decided to give me a boy to fulfill my sports mania!! (Not sure what he'll be able to play, but I DO know there is t-ball in his future!!!)

Hang in there!

~Cindy

ks said...

whaaaa. I don't want you guys to get sick, but I think I'D RATHER Isaac be sick instead of having something more significant going on with his heart and lungs. Ok, so please take it easy... pace yourself, and don't worry about the hospital trip unless he gets way worse. Side note- I just had one of my parents I work with 'opt out' of staying in the hospital with RSV, renting the equipment needed for treating at home. course, you already have the O2, the neb,... *sigh* you're in my thoughts and prayers. SO DON'T GET SICK!!!!!

ks said...

I think I should qualify my last statement and say 'don't get SICKER'...

Unknown said...

Stupid computer...I just wrote you a long message then it got deleted. Here goes again.

I am so glad Chris brought home his gym clothes. What would that boy do without you?!?!

I'm so glad you and Joe got a night out for his birthday. Happy Belated birthday Joe!

And mister Isaac....well what can I say. He sure likes to make mommy worry. I am praying this isn't pneumonia and you won't have to make a trip to the ER. They are just filled with such nasty germs and the last thing he needs is something else.

I feel like I'm missing something....oh yeah, Kathy you know I love you. It's amazing how we have never met yet I feel so close. I am always telling Robert about you guys and how badly I want to met up with you one day. I'm thinking we should plan a trip to Vegas and tell Krista to met me there. Now that would be a fun trip!

Hope your finding some kind of balance in your daily routine.. you sure are one busy momma.

Take Care

The Portas said...

I am SO HAPPY that your sister watched the kids while you and Joe were able to go out. YOU DESERVE IT more than anyone I know. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful, supportive hubby. That makes such a huge difference, doesn't it?

I'm hoping for no hospital for you guys. I know how you feel...it's like you know exactly what they will do and what they will tell you and how icky it all will be. But let's just hope you don't have to go that route and that it is nothing serious. Come on, little Isaac, work whatever it is out of your system and don't worry your mama anymore!

WE LOVE YOU and we're always here for you. You are so wonderful to me and my family. Any time you need to rant, feel absolutely free to!

I'm with Krista, I'm planning on coming to visit you guys this summer! I say we all try to go at the same time!

Take care. Hugs and love to all of you!
xoxoxox
Megan and the boys