We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, February 01, 2008

It's the end of Friday....the weekend is here!!!!

(Not that the weekends are any different than the weekdays....it's just something Joe keeps saying that makes me giggle!)

Isaac had his renal (kidney) ultrasound this morning.  You know they don't tell me anything...I'll meet with the urologist at the end of the month...but, I'm sure everything is ok.  While we were in that office complex....we went up to the heart center to see if the nurses could draw blood from Isaac.  Well....NOPE...no such luck!  On the second try, it did start to flow...but, his blood clots too fast.  These labs are needed for all of his immunology panels (to check his t-cell count and cd-8 count--which has been low).  I'll wait another month and try again...maybe he'll have grown more veins by then.  

Eli had a good day at school.  He has read TWO books to his class this week...so, he is on the reading hall of fame!!!  YEAH ELI!!!  (Boy...if only Chris would have been this easy to teach to read....he almost killed us!)  Chris also had a good day...he's a counselor's aide during one class period...he's such a smoozer!!! (I'm sure he's got the ladies eating out of the palm of his hands!)

And JOE...that man is still working on his jeep.  (the one he bought in OCTOBER!)  I think he goes in the garage and breaks things  so that he can then fix it.  He took out his radiator today and will put the new one in tomorrow.  

And me...I did it!  I made cupcakes again tonight (with Eli's help) and I've already eaten FOUR!  I just can't help myself.  I think I have an addiction problem.  Once it warms up...maybe the boys and I can start riding bikes and walking to the park.  You know...it''s COLD HERE...I mean...it's in the mid 50's everyday...what can you do outside in that kind of weather???  
(I just crack myself up...I can see Krista's and Megan's face now!)

Have a fun weekend everyone!!!  We'll try not to eat all weekend and get off our bums!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Krista said...

50...come on woman...that's swimming weather in these parts...even more so for Megan!

I know what you mean on the cupcakes...I made a chocolate cake, angel food cake and icecream pie for our "Christmas" tomorrow and licked every spoon and pan! It's crazy!

Hope you have a great "weekend!" and those boys continue to behave for you! I would think by now you would be able to just draw his blood yourself!

Praying that "heart" month...is a happy "heart" month for the little one!

Mandy said...

Alright Kat. What books are Eli reading? I need to get them for Seth. We have to practice writing sentences. Can't we just send him to school with Eli for the next 5 weeks? I'll pay them!!

And Chris being a counselor's aide, what's wrong with those people!! Are they that crazy.

Oh yeah, you are suppose to baking sweets for Brandon. Not for you!! Put some cupcakes in a boxand send him. I have orders to make sweets this weekend.

Have a fun weekend and tell everyone hi. We will be out soon to visit.

Unknown said...

What, I go into the hospital for a few days and I get so behind on Isaac. I'm glad the retching seems to be at a hault.

Oh I know about the wonderful renal ultrasounds. They just do the test and tell you to wait 4 weeks...thats when I just go pick up her medical records myself. :)

I'm glad your getting the MRI scheduled. I was wondering exactly what they said about the low muscle tone. Arianna isn't that bad, at least I don't think so, but everyone mentions her low tone. I didn't know it could be a neurological thing! I know our scan came back good so I guess I shouldn't worry.

Oh yes....the dreaded blood draws. We just did ours tonight and it took like 5 minutes to get enough blood. That was weird cause normally she is really good with her blood draws. I hope you can steal some of Isaacs blood soon!

I just wanted to thank you for all your encouraging words. It is so hard sitting her not knowing whats going on. I guess we will do the inhaler and breathing treatments at home for precaution until we know whats up. I'll try to check back with you when I get a chance. The only way I'm able to now is because it's 2am and Arianna's sats keep fluctuating. Talk to you soon.

Grandma Judy said...

Kat....ask Krista for the recipe for that ice cream pie. That sounds good....especially on nights while sitting by the fire!

Yeahhhh for Eli. Grandma Cat always said he was a genius. She knew from the beginning!

Have a good day

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

cuppie cakes...
OMG...
I'll be right over!!!!!!!!!

Only 4?

jencooper said...

Here is hoping that Isaac's kidneys are looking good!! I left you a comment introducing myself in your previous post. Cupcakes sound delicious!!

Jennifer Cooper

Little Baby Manning said...

okay so first...
i am SO SORRY i didn't your bounce house back before i left!!!! i'll be bringing it over the day we get back (monday). thank you (i think!) because cole LOVED it- but now i'm affraid he's going to ask for it everyday :)

okay so i did a quick skim to update myself - can you save some cupcakes for me!? just kidding - i'll be making plenty this week for our party - hope you'll be coming!

and the CNN show - ugh - i totally missed it since i've been out-of-town and partying it up ;) i'll have to check on -line and see it... i'm glad you girls represented :) (even if your part did get cut...)

we'll catch up soon - thinking about you even in san fran :)

xxxxxlisa

The Portas said...

Mid-50's??!?!?!? OH I WOULD DIE FOR THAT RIGHT NOW!