We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ok...we're back from the peds.
Isaac weighed 17 pounds on their scale (but, that's with a diaper and all his clothes on!)...so, maybe 16 pounds!
His lungs sounded great...then they checked his sats. With O2 they were 98...5 minutes without the O2 he went down to 85. they were freaking out. Brought in an oxygen tank...and I reminded them that's why the CANULA IS TAPED UP HIS NOSE...i have a tank. (see...these is the new ped office too..they just freak out). Now remember...I went in telling them to just check his chest, his ears...his nose...anything that could be causing the lower sats..I even told them that we see the pulmonologist on Friday. They were SO FREAKED out when they saw the 85 that they made me give him a breathing treatment while we were in there, he called the pulmonologist...finally, they let me leave. They do want us to get a chest xray today...just to be sure the lungs are clear...but, they sound great (I even know that..I listen to them everyday).

So, we're home now. I just started his feeding pump, and we have to go and pick up Eli from school (which, he was coughing this morning...so, I bet he'll be home with us tomorrow)! And I just realized that the doc didn't look in Isaac's ears. He was so worried about his lungs. Oh..well...I'm not going back. (today at least).

I miss Joe being here to help with the boys already. I've got a million other errands to run and my head is throbbing! No more naps...Oh...I don't know if it's worth having money and a job....we'll discuss it all tonight.

Bottom line...I'm crazy busy, Isaac is still sick (with something), and we get xrays today and MRI of the head and spine tomorrow.....

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

10 comments:

crabby old man said...

Bottom line...I'm crazy busy, Isaac is still sick (with something), and we get xrays today and MRI of the head and spine tomorrow.....


With what all the pressure you have on you no wonder,
God Bless

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Girl...
girl... girl...

I don't know how you do it all.

You are an extraordinary parent and Nancy Grace needs to award you with the award!

The Portas said...

Isn't it funny how doctors (anyone who is not a ped card) freak out with low sats? The nurses at our ped's office get wide-eyed when they see Elijah's very normal (for him) 75%.

Sorry little Eli is sick. :( Poor man. I hope you all are better soon, especially that Mr. Isaac.

You are doing a great job getting everything done. You are so busy, I have no idea how you do it. Between you and Samantha, my head spins just thinking about you both!

It will be very good to get the MRI done. Take care and get rest when (if) you can. Sending you lots of giant hugs!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Samantha said...

I totally forgot about the MRI tomorrow...I thought that last time they decided MRI's were not in the plan for Isaac and he was suppose to do CAT scans? I am so confused!

You are crazy busy...so am I! We are a perfect match! We are off to the ENT now, so I will check back in on you later...take a breath! Tell those boys to get better...YESTERDAY! Tell Isaac that he is too cute to be causing so many problems!

Love,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

What a day! I know how you're feeling about Joe being gone. My husband, Scott, works out on the road and is usually gone 10 - 14 days at a time before he comes home. He got held up on his last job so now he'll be home this weekend and it will be THREE weeks! Be thankful you can hand over some of the reigns when he gets home from work! You will find your groove, though, and can still try to sneak your naps in when Isaac sleeps! I'm trying to live by that and learn that my housework and errands can wait...and I'm a little OCD when it comes to housework (ask Samantha!)..there are no sick days for us mommies so take care of YOU!

I hope the x-ray comes back ok. Maybe you can talk someone, somewhere into taking a peek in those ears!

Hope Eli feels better soon! I am so ready for this whole "sick season" to hurry up and go away!!!
~Cindy

Mandy said...

You sounded like crap eariler. I mean, you can tell you're really tired. When I come next week, you can take a few hours away and get some sleep or go get your hair done. That will make you feel better. Since Seth is off track until 3/7, we can just stay and hang out with you until then. Hey, just think of all the M&M world trips we can make!! :)

Love ya and get some sleep. I won't call anymore today!

Unknown said...

MRI tomorrow..what I didn't know that. I will be keeping you all in my prayers.

I wish our peds office was like yours. Instead they just brush me off. Okay, bad mood today so I'll stop. I'm glad your getting in to see the pulmo. I hope they figure this out too. Looks like our little ones just want to get some extra attention.

Krista said...

Hey friend! How I wish I was closer and could help and just bring you dinner or even a hug...but of course...anymore of this snow in Indiana...I may be hoping a plane to the warm west!

I agree with Megan...I always had to laugh at how freaked out everyone (except cardio docs) get about the O2 sats...it's crazy! I'm still laughing that they brought in a tank when he had a cannula attached to his nose! Come on people!

I'm still praying hard that you get some answers to Isaac...guess I'll have to kick it up a notch! Sending lots of love...and just remember! YOU'RE ONE AWESOME MOMMY! You can do it!

jencooper said...

I hope that your day settled down a little bit. It kills me that they don't worry about low sats....and others freak out!! Gracie is satting about 62 right. We go see the card tomorrow. Hooray!!

<3,
Jen

Grandma Judy said...

Kat, I'm with you girl even though I am still here in FL. I go see Uncle Joey tomorrow. I've stopped in at Aunt Louise's the past 2 days. All is about the same here.

Hang in there. I love you.