We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, February 25, 2008

***What's wrong with all the BABIES....they've gone CRAZY!!!***


Gosh....what a busy day.  

**I took Eli to school...(I just love watching him play on the playground before school starts).
**I called the hospital and requested a copy of Isaac's xrays to take to the pulmonologist.
**I called the billing department of the hospital to remind them that I had to pay for that cat scan up front...and make sure that they billed insurance (and she said they had indeed already billed insurance...and were just waiting for payment!)
**I called and made an appointment to see the pulmonologist (today at 2:15).
**Gosh..now that I have the appointment at 2:15...I can't pick up the big boys after school (and the kids in the carpool)....so, I call Chris at school...he calls me back...and I tell him to tell the other kids that they'll have to walk home today.  (poor boys!)
**I called and made an appointment to see the cardiologist (that's tomorrow at 2:30)...gosh, I can't get the boys again tomorrow.  (I'll have to get them ice cream or something!)
**I pick up Eli from school and shoot over to the hospital and get the copy of the xrays.
**We RUSH home to eat a quick lunch and head to the pulmonologist's office.  He said that Isaac's lungs actually look clearer....but, his sats off the O2 today were in the 70s!  So...he'll stay on the O2 for a little while.  We did get a prescription for prednisone.  urrgghh.  (that just makes him cranky..but, it will help him breathe easier).  And...we just keep giving the breathing treatments every 4-6 hours.  All in all...he can't believe how good he's doing CONSIDERING this is a heart kid, just had surgery 3 months ago...and was on the vent for so long.  He said that he's surprised that he's not in the hospital on the vent again!!! (YEAH ISAAC!!!)  I'll keep doing what I'm doing...and he'll be better in no time (well...I guess it could take a month or longer to get him off the oxygen...but, he'll be off when he's ready!)
**So...now we drop off that prescription for prednisone.
**Get home and make the boys a quick dinner because ELI has T-BALL practice....(WHY!!!)  (We signed him up so that the big boys could live a somewhat "normal" life...but, I don't really have time for that!  And now...Joe has a stinkin' job...so, It's all ME!)
**We leave Chris home because the groceries are suppose to be delivered between 6-8 (that's a treat to have them delivered...but, I can't go to the grocery store with Isaac and his oxygen tank.  So...this isn't because I'm a spoiled, pampered princess.....just can't physically get in there and load the cart up with groceries and all Isaac's supplies!)
**Eli, Isaac, and I are off to t-ball practice.  Thank GOODNESS it's BEAUTIFUL here and warm.  It was about 70 when we got there.  Isaac and I walked around the park while Eli practiced.  Just one lap around the park and Isaac was OUT!  So...I was able to sit on the bleachers and watch Eli.  It's amazing how "abnormal" our morning started out...and we ended it just chillin' at the park watching the kids play t-ball.
**T-ball was only an hour long...so, we made it home by 6:00!! YES!!  Sweet Chris took the trash out to the road for me.  (Even though trash day isn't for TWO more days...it was still sweet).  Eli is EXHAUSTED...he looks like he could break out and cry if you just touch him!  
So....Chris is playing video games (he gets 30 mins a day) and Eli is in my bathtub, swimming around and watching television.
**Now...it's 6:30 and the groceries just got delivered.  (I took a minute to get them..now, I'm back to you!)
**So....what's for dinner?  Well, I started beef stew in the crock pot and it smells GREAT!
I forgot to stop by the pharmacy and pick up the prednisone.  (maybe Joe will get it for me or I'll just swing by in the morning...)

Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP for all that??!!  And tomorrow is scheduled to be just as busy.  
My little Isaac is asleep...on his fluffy blanket, on the floor, in front of the tv (that's where he lives).  I think he's going to be just fine.  His fever came back today also...but, I've got all the supplies here to take care of everything!  Forgive me for not posting a picture....but, I had NO time to take one today.  Maybe you'll get lucky tomorrow!!!  It's amazing how beautiful it is now.  The weather is PERFECT.  It helps put that extra pep in my step when the days are like this.  How can you NOT be happy with days like this!!!??

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

11 comments:

Samantha said...

OMG Kathy...I am EXHAUSTED for you. Is there any way that Joe can help you out tonight so that you get to bed early and without interruption? I really want to look more into you getting some kind of helper! I hope that tomorrow is a little better than today.

BIG BIG HUGS!!!!

Love,
Samantha

jencooper said...

You sound much happier today!!! You were a busy, busy girl. I am glad that Sir Isaac is feeling better today. I can't wait to hear about Eli - the star of the T-ball team!!

<3,
Jennifer

Mandy said...

I guess I should have stayed longer. I'm sorry. Just let me know and the three of us will load up and come back. Maybe Seth will listen next time.

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You DO sound happier! And my, how organized!! All that action and the lady still manages to pull off a beef stew. You're my idol!

It sounds like Isaac is wanting to pull through this great! It gets worse before better so maybe the worst is behind you already and you didn't even realize you went through it! Wouldn't that be a stroke of well-deserved luck!!

Has Chris grown in the last day? I'm dying to know what you thought of the picture frame!

Hope Isaac keeps cooperating and everything stays on a positive path!!!

~Cindy

Unknown said...

Gotta love the crockpot dinners! Kathy you truely are an amazing woman, wife, and mother! I sit here at home not even doing half the stuff you do and I tell myself...wow, I'm exhausted...then I think of you and Kate Gosselin. LOL!

I'm glad they are getting Isaac on the prednisone. Arianna had that and the first time she took it she went nuts...I mean total monkey in a cage while at the hospital. The other 3 doses weren't as bad. It's a steroid what do you expect. I really don't envy you having to deal with the O2 for another month. I did it for 3 weeks and I was going nuts. Arianna has been running some low numbers while sleeping, so some oxygen might be in our future. Ugh!

Hope Joe can get the prednisone for you and you can try to get a good nights sleep before your busy day tomorrow. I think you have convinced me to hold off on the second baby thing for awhile...I honestly couldn't do all that. I was tired just from reading your post.

I'm anxious to hear what the cardiologist has to say tomorrow...so when you get the chance let us know. I'm praying for sweet Isaac.

Take Care & Good Night!

The Portas said...

WHAT THE...??? I cannot believe you did all that in one day? Really? I feel exhausted and overwhelmed and I do like a tiny fraction of that.

TOTALLY jealous of your beautiful weather. Why do I live in MN?

I'm very happy to hear the good report from the pulomonologist! I bet that's so good to hear that he's so proud of Isaac (and Isaac's mommy, for doing such a good job with him at home).

Pooey on the prednisone, but it will help his little lungs. Elijah is a MONSTER on that stuff. Like, from the Exorcist!

Good luck today! I hope you have another day of good weather to keep the spring in your step!

p.s. I can't believe you put together a beef stew on top of everything?! Well done!

Grandma Judy said...

Kat,
If Chris carried out the trash you might have a problem.
A.) He broke something. OR
B.) He did poorly on a test and felt as though he needed to get RID of it! You better check on his grades. How often does Chris carry the trash to the road WITHOUT prompting?

Oh, the next time you are just sitting around eating Bon Bons you need to write a quick note to Brandon. I emailed you his address a couple of days ago.

Keep it going girl. Running around is great for the figure!!

Next time Eli is at practice....take a picture Please.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Prednisone! OH NO! SAY IT ISN'T SO..

and I am pooped after reading your post.

James said...

Hey Kathy,
Sure hope Isaac gets over his sickness real quick. You've known for weeks something wasn't right; and why they couldn't figure it out is beyond me??? Did Grandma Cat share her energy drinks with you?! Tell Joe happy belated birthday. Abby

crabby old man said...

Your one more tuff LADY.I worked 12 hrs on the farm yesterday, but didn't get all that tired until I read your post.