We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, February 02, 2008

What a Saturday we had.  Isaac didn't want to take a nap with me today.  I tried and tried.  I put him in his crib (which is in my room) and Eli was in the bed with me.  It's what we do every Saturday...we all nap together.  After 5 minutes, Eli was snoring and Isaac was just kicking and playing in the crib.  So...I take my little guy downstairs.  I decided to check his O2 levels...remember, they were in the low 90's at the pulmonologist's office this week.  For about an hour...they were in the mid 80s!  WHAT?!?!  So, I decide to give him a breathing treatment.  Still....no higher.  So, I go upstairs, get the BIG oxygen machine, run a LONG hose from upstairs to downstairs and put the canula up his nose.  (By the way...he's asleep now...figures).  He gets mad about the canula...but, his sats rise instantly with the oxygen.  After about another hour..Joe comes in and I decide to lower the levels from 1 litre to 1/2.  And his sats stay the same....98.  Hmmm...??  So, I turn the oxygen off....and he stays in the mid 90s.  So, I decide to turn it off all together.  When he wakes up...he has some cheese puffs and I check his sats again...and they are in the mid 90s.  So...I just take the canula off.
He's snoozing now...and his sats are holding steady at 94.  I don't get it.  I'll just keep a watchful eye on him.  You know...he use to play this game with Kate.  If she was getting more attention...he'd try to do the same.  I guess he's decided that Arianna is getting too much attention and he'd like a little more himself.

My oxygen and my cheese puffs...
I can eat two at a time...
I learned this washcloth trick from Kate...
And how to take my sock off from Elijah...



Now...this last picture is just an example of how much of a pushover I am.  My boys have me TOTALLY wrapped around their little fingers!  This was Eli's bedtime snack...It's a frosted cookie, a cupcake, and doritos.
At least we see the dentist every six months for a cleaning.  He'll be alright...he could use some extra calories himself!  

Thanks for checking on us...we're headed up to bed now. 

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

13 comments:

Krista said...

Oh friend...you make me laugh so hard! I've never felt like I've ever (not) met someone who more shares my life!

I love the pictures...so sweet of Isaac to chew on his washcloth...that just made my day. As far as the attention thing...he must just have issues with the girls...glad to see the O2 thing was temporary (I pray and hope) cause what a pain that is! By the way...love the heart cut-out tape!

And the snack thing...love it...except if I ever let Seth do that, we'd both be up all night! My weakness: giant bubblegum balls and doughnuts at the grocery store!

Sending lots and lots of love...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

ahhhhh the famous CHEETO!!

i THINK i've heard at night they breathe in less... slower...
so maybe that's why???

Grandma Nelson said...

Man, I'm coming to your house for snacks! How's Isaac's O2 level today?

jencooper said...

Eli is my kind of man - that is definitely my kind of bedtime snack!! We have that same frog bowl. I love it!

I am so happy that you got to come and check out my kiddos. They are pretty fabulous! Would it make you jealous to know that I even get to see Samanthat every month? And I am going to her house this week?? She is so awesome! She has been a great source for me!

Hope that you have a fabulous Sunday!!

Love, Jen

Kelly said...

You're the coolest mom! Those boys are so lucky to have a cool mom like you!

Silly Isaac... he just wanted a little extra attention yesterday. Hopefully today will be better. He's looking great!

Steven and Stephanie said...

Hi, Kathy, I don't know if you remember me, this is Stephanie Weatherspoon, we were in the same ward in Va and I am good friends with Cathy, I came across your blog and would love to keep up with your wonderful family. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. http://weatherspoonfamily.blogspot.com/

Mandy said...

Kathy Kathy. What are you doing with those boys.. Eli is turning into a little Seth. I think that grandpa bob got them used to eating the sweets before bed. But the doritos, that's all your fault. You loved them when you were growing up.

Isaac, keep mom up going crazy. She doesn't need sleep.

Have a great weekend and I'll check in with you later this week.

The Portas said...

Elijah is so happy Isaac is a part of the No-sock gang. Except, it's the WRONG no-sock gang! E is a part of the Left Sock and it looks like Isaac is a part of the Right Sock. I hope they can look past this and still see eye to eye!

What is up with the sats?! He's just keeping you on your toes. Thanks for the fun pics.

I want what Eli is having! Mmmmmmm........

crabby old man said...

I enjoy Your post & hearing about Your family. .You are in My prayers

Sarah said...

Thanks for finding me out and leaving a post for our Evan. Followed your blog from Elijah's or maybe Matthew's and added it to my - check every morning heart kid list, LOL. Your little guys are too cute. Hope there wasn't any more scares with the sats.

Unknown said...

So looks like Isaac got a little jealous huh?!?! I dont understand why his sats would do that but at least you have the oxygen at home. I wish we had a smaller cannula like Isaac does. Arianna's seems way to big and it won't allow her paci to fit right...poor girl!

He looks great and I love the cheeto picture! I need to go buy some tomorrow cause those are her favorite.

Take Care

James said...

Poor Isaac looks sooo sleepy? He just didn't want to miss out on the snacks! haha It seems as though socks worry alot of kids; same here. Can't wait till summer! Take care and enjoy the 50's :)
Abby

Samantha said...

UG! I did it again...I read the blog this morning, and thought I signed...apparently not! Sorry...I hope that you had a terrific day. I love the food that Eli had for snack...it looks YUMMY!!! I also love the heart tape for his O2...how is he doing today? Tell him to just stop acting up...there is no need...we love him so much without all the worry! He is just adorable. Tell him that Micah has gained some weight, so it is his turn now! Let us know how he did today...I will be waiting...though the time difference may just make me have to wait until the morning.

Love,
Samantha