We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Sunday, February 24, 2008

When Isaac doesn't feel good...he likes a cold rag

on his head.  This was taken yesterday.
He just feels SO bad.  He just lays around and watches
tv. (I know...that's what he does anyway...but, he's
not smiling).
This is the painting Eli painted for me last week while
I was at his school.  (that's me and a dog)
This is where Eli gets his talent from....that's a 
painting that Joe did.
Here's Eli cheesing it up with Isaac on Friday...
right before Isaac started feeling really bad.
Happy birthday Joe!!!  (that's my Joe, sister Mandy, 
her Seth, and my boys!--Meghan is behind Chris)

Isaac's starting to not feel good.  ohhh...but it is
a cute picture~!

Isaac's had an up and down day.  He's got that YUCKY cough, but his fever did FINALLY break!  He's tolerating his feeds better today (no throwing up today--he did throw up 3 times yesterday).  I've got a million calls to make tomorrow...but, my goal is to try to see the pulmonologist and card this week.  (Along with all the other appointments that we already have).  Joe was able to take the big boys to church today...which was good for them to go and good for me to have the house quiet for a bit.  Thanks for all the RSV info you guys are telling me...keep it coming.  He just sounds SO junky...and today he started wheezing.  His sats are (for the most part) ok with the oxygen.  So...I would imagine if his numbers can stay up with the O2...then, we should be able to stay out of the hospital!!
Wow...not much else going on around here.  I am noticing that I still have our xmas garland on the stairs (maybe I'll just leave it up until next year!).

Ok...you need your funny story.  This one is about Christopher (our 13 year old).
Joe took him and his friend out last night to run errands.  They ended up at Walgreens to pick up meds for Isaac.  While Joe was waiting for the meds...he heard the manager telling one of the girls that there were two boys playing in the aisles...so, she should go and find their parents.  Well....Joe, being the intuitive parent that he is...started walking around looking for the boys.  He walked past one aisle and saw Chris' friend and walked to the next aisle and saw Chris holding a ball getting ready to throw it OVER the aisle to his friend.  I'm sure that Joe gave Chris his "death ray" look and gave them his keys and told them to go and wait in the car.  
So...Joe's back in the pharmacy waiting for the meds.  (oh...and the boys said that they weren't going to throw the ball over the aisle...they were practicing their juggling.  on different aisles??)  Then, he over hears the manager say again...I have to go into the parking lot...those 2 boys are out there setting off car alarms.  So...Joe heads outside to check on the boys.  He said that he walked outside and could see the boys in the car...and then all of a sudden see them bouncing around and waving their arms...thus, setting off the car alarm.  Then, they'd turn the alarm off...and do it again.
(now....Joe's trying NOT to yell at Chris is front of his friend....and I don't know how he did it...because I yelled at Chris and another friend that time they lost the key to the bike chain).  
So...Joe goes to the car and talks to the boys...and their excuse is that they didn't know how to turn the alarm off.  (hmmm...UNlikely story!)  So...poor Joe has to bring those crazy boys home...he was SO exhausted by the time he got home!!!

There you have it.  Looks like Chris is the one that fills my "funny stories" lately.  He puts the gray in my hair!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

10 comments:

Krista said...

I was so bummed to read about the RSV..but so excited that you are home and staying out of the hosptial! That says SO MUCH about you Kathy...and your nursing...I mean mothering....skills.

Again...so sad about the RSV..but I am glad that at least now you have answers and a reason for Isaacs antics the past few weeks. And prayerfully, you are over the hurdle and worst part.

I just want to come and love on that little love bug! Prayers for a great great week...You are so deserving!

Mandy said...

Isaac really looks sad. I'm glad he wasn't that bad the entire time I was there. I'm sorry that he's feeling worse but at least my crazy kids aren't there so he can get his rest.

Chris is an entire different thing. There's gotta be something going around. Seth, as you've seen, has been acting up lately also. Tell him that he's never going to be able to come visit me if he keeps getting in trouble. Remember, you always have the Circus Circus trip on Friday to threaten him with. :)

Love ya

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

That boy is adorable! Even when he is sick, he is a cutie pie. I am glad that he is hanging in there for you. RSV with kiddos like Isaac is SCARY, SCARY, SCARY! I am so glad you have the oxygen and breathing treatments for him already. That makes me feel so much better.

Your stories about Chris really crack me up. He is such the 13 year old boy! I cannot even begin to think what my boys are going to be like as teenagers...and I REFUSE to think about my red-head daughter, because that just SCARES me to death!

Please let us know when you get him his appts with cardiology & pulmonology. I think I have an easy week this week...we will see...next week is a whole other story!

Lots of love and hugs and kisses to you all. Happy Bday Joe (really late)

Love,
Samantha

The Portas said...

I just want to reach through my monitor and give that boy some hugs. Poor little guy. His body is working hard right now. But he will rest up and get better start smiling again very soon! I am sooo glad you guys are able to stay out of the yucky hospital. It's wonderful that you have everything at home that you need. Phew!

Oh Chris! You little stinker! Poor Joe...I bet he was exhausted after that experience, huh? You guys crack me up.

Take care of yourself and give that little snugglebug a giant hug for me! xoxoxoxxo

Grandma Judy said...

Be thankful that:
1.) Chris is juggling with the balls and NOT stealing them
2.) Chris is setting off HIS car alarm and not a stranger's.
3.) Joe's the one that carried them to the store and NOT you!!!

Boys will be boys, and Chris is just trying to catch up with all the things he has missed out on.

I'm still quite worried about Isaac. I know you are taking good care of him, but I still think you need a part time helper/nurse/babysitter. Just my humble opinion! The pictures are cute.

Samantha said...

Hey--Grandma Judy is on to something...is there a way that you can get a part-time nurse or something through the insurance or the state or something? You certainly deserve one thinking back to your post the other day of what all you have to do in one day! I am going to go investigate LV information for you...since you do not even have time to find that help. Also...have you been able to get Isaac social security or disability money? You should be able to with all this commotion he brings on...I am going to investigate that too!

Love ya!

Samantha said...

yes, it is me AGAIN! anyway, i totally forgot to mention Eli's awesome art work. Now we really do have to get our families together, because Noah is also an artist...so he and Eli will be great friends...even though Eli is one grade in front of Noah...we start kinder in the fall!

love ya!

Unknown said...

I just love Eli's art work....and wow, what an artist Joe is. I can do stick figures myself. LOL!

Poor Isaac looks so horrible. He definintly needs some TLC from mommy. I hope he starts back to his normal self soon.

jencooper said...

Oh my goodness - I was hysterical reading about Chris!! I teach middle schoolers and it reminds me of those knuckleheads!!

Isaac looks so sad. I am saying lots of prayers for the little stinker!

<3,
Jen