We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mom FINALLY gave me a bath....

(notice...I still have the crazy eyes!)
Look at how long I'm getting!
Hey Ladies....
This is my CRAZY cousin Megan!
and my CRAZY cousin Seth!
I LOVE red-heads!
I don't eat food....I eat shoes!
I can't fit it in my mouth!  urrgghh!

FINALLY...my computer is working.  I'm not sure what the problem was yesterday.  Isaac had a stinky day yesterday with the throwing up.  You never know if it's a gi problem, a virus, the heart...gosh...it could just be a million things.  But, today he did great.  I'm not fortifying his feeds today....so, maybe that's it (but, maybe not!).  He coughed a little last night while he was sleeping...but, I'm not sure if it's a "cold" or all the saliva from that NEW TOOTH!!!  I checked his O2 today...still in the 70s and 80s...so, the canula stays up his nose for a while.  I'm getting pretty fast taking the tank in and out of the van and putting it in the stroller.  BUT....do you know what I did today??  We loaded up Isaac to go to school to pick up Eli.  I put Isaac in the car, hook him up to the O2 tank...and we're off.  It just takes 5 minutes to get there...and we're sitting in the car waiting for the kids to get out.  Isaac just starts fussing (and he's usually quiet).  So, I get in the back and I'm talking to him...trying to figure out what's buggin' him.  WELL...I look at that oxygen tank...and SOMEONE forgot to TURN IT ON!!!  (so...that someone would be me...)  So...evidently he can tell when his O2 is low...so, I immediately turned it on.  So...NOW I PROMISE AGAIN...not to deprive my children of oxygen!!!  

He's snoozing right now through American Idol.  We worked hard this afternoon.  He ate about 1/3 of a jar of Macaroni and Cheese (stage 2)...yippie!!!  Chris and Eli are both feeling better and coughing much less.  So far...Joe and I are healthy...so, let's hope it stays that way!!

**I almost forgot to tell you...tomorrow I volunteer in Eli's class (just for an hour or two), then, we have our GI appointment....then, Mark (speech) comes over.  (Aunt Mandy's taking the big boys to build a bear and chuck e cheese)

I'm late starting his last feeding for the night...so, I guess I'll feed him (he's sleeping and could care less if he eats or not--what's the deal with our babies).  Most moms are driven crazy by the constant crying of hungry babies...but, our babies...could really care less if they eat.  They'd rather not be bothered by such a tedious task!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

10 comments:

Mandy said...

I get to babysit tomorrow!! Yea!!! Isaac is going to have so much fun without mom around. Yes everyone, Kat is actually let me watch Isaac for about 1 or 2 hours while she goes to school with Eli. Don't worry, I'll just put Terri on speed dial.

The Portas said...

The pics of the cousins are great! They're cuties, too. Of course, what would I expect from cousins of ISAAC, the biggest cutie ever.

Looks like Isaac is still keeping Mama on her toes. He has to keep you guessing. So he slept through American Idol? Isaac! I thought that was your favorite show!

Hee hee, the oxygen tank story is funny. Oops! At least he let you know!

Have a good couple of hours "away." I'm so glad your sister is there to help out.

Take care. Hugs to that sweetie pie. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

Isaac is just adorable...as always! It's funny that he knew he wasn't supposed to have those things up his nose without oxygen coming through them!!! Our little ones are smarter than we think! :)

Your comment about them caring less about eating is so true! Now that Emma is moving around, though, she'll find the tubing hanging off her IV pole and will try to put it into her tummy herself! It's hilarious...and it has nothing to do with her being "hungry" just that she knows that's where it goes. :)

Have a great day...hope you all are feeling better!

Hugs from Utah,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

Grandma Judy said...

Kat,
You don't have to move the tanks all the time. Aunt Louise leaves a couple of tanks in her car. She walks from the house to the car, plugs in her oxygen and keeps on rolling. Leave a tank near the stroller, another one by his car seat, then you have the main hookup in the house. All you have to do is transport the tubing.
Now, as for turning it ON, that's a different story. Perhaps Joe needs to install a beeper on Isaac so when his levels drop, the BEEP will remind you to turn ON the oxygen!

Don't stay at Eli's school too long today. Mandy is a good sister, but Isaac might give her the scare of her life! And there is no telling what MagPie will do to him!

All of you have a good day today.
I'll be thinking aboout you.

crabby old man said...

I'm with Isaac about the Redheads dated two & married them both. God bless You & Yours

Samantha said...

You know that I LOVE REDHEADS! I have three of them (though Noah's is changing darker too fast).

As always, your stories have me cracking up! I cannot believe you forgot the O2...silly girl!

I am glad that you will get a chance to just go and help out at Eli's school. That is fun to be able to separate from the chaos of therapies and doctors and just enjoy other fun mommy moments.

I love all the pictures as always and I am glad that you got the computer working again.

Love,
Samantha

Mandy said...

Yeah!!! It's been almost three hours and still no Kathy at home. Isaac has been a sweet heart of course. He even watched a little bit of Baby Looney Toons. (I had to watch something other then Yo Gabba Gabba.)

Kathy and Isaac have a busy afternoon. That means I get to take the other 4 kids birthday shopping for Joe and just to hang out.

Don't worry everyone, Isaac is great and Kathy gets one-on-one time with Eli. I'm sure he'll be soooo excited when they get home.

Unknown said...

Oh Kathy you just crack me up. I agree on the beeper idea, make you should get one. Just kidding, I know your a busy momma.

I know exactly what you mean about our kids not caring if they eat. It's more of a hassle than anything but I have to at least attempt to feed her. She eats like a bird then she's done. I wish I had an appetite like that.

I love the pictures of the cousins. Oh and I just LOVE red heads too! They are adorable.

Hope you enjoyed time in Eli's class! Let us know how your day went.

OXOXO

Andrea said...

I love reading your day to day stories. And I especially love how you can have a sense of humor about all the stuff that goes on. That is so important to help us get through it all! I love the after bath pictures. I have some that look exactly like that of Drew, complete with hooded towel, zipper scar and g-tube!

jencooper said...

What cuties you have at your house!! I am so happy to hear that you are getting to spend some special time with Eli! I was laughing about the oxygen story - that sounds like me! It is a good thing that my head is screwed on or I might forget it too!!

<3,
Jen