We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, February 08, 2008

YEAH....It's Friday!!!
First....Let's take it from the easiest kids to the most demanding in our house today.
Eli...my sweet 5 year old. He took another book to school today and read it to the class. I am so proud of how well he is reading and adjusting to school!

While Joe was out picking up Eli from school today...we get a call from Christopher (my sweet..but, sometimes mouthy 13 year old!).

This is Chris....Notice the mouth...the eyes...can you tell his attitude today?? Anyway...he calls me from the Dean's office. He said that his leg hurts and he's having trouble walking and he needs us to pick him up early. Now...here's his leg:
No...that is not a stick that he's holding...that's his leg. If you enlarge the picture...you'll see a bruise. On TUESDAY at church, they played broom hockey with the guys/girls. Evidently, he got whacked in the leg one good time and got a bruise...I repeat...on TUESDAY! Now...this morning in gym class he had to run the mile...and that was just too much for a guy who has already sustained so much damage to his fragile legs. So...after he picks up Eli...Joe has to stop by and pick up Chris from school. It would have been just too difficult to walk to two more classes. (Do you see now why God chose Isaac to be the strong one with the CHD...)

Now...we save Isaac for last. Really, for the most part today....he slept. He woke up this morning at 10:00am and stayed awake until 12:30 and just napped here and there all day. He did stay awake from 5:30-8:30 tonight...so, that's good. He's snoozing now...cuddled in his blanket...by the fire (safely by the fire). I tried taking him off the O2 this morning. I started his feeds, was washing a few dishes...and within 30 minutes of taking him off the O2....he started wretching. So, I immediately put it back on....and he hasn't wretched again. WHO KNOWS?? The home health guys brought over some big portable tanks of oxygen for me...so, that we can mobile if we need to. He's sweating, still no cough, no runny nose...nothing indicating that he's getting sick. I just don't know what it is. If he still is like this all weekend...I'll call the pulmonologist on Monday and try to see Dr. Mayman on Tuesday.

I took the hearts off of his face for a bath today...then he started up with the wretching...so, we didn't get the bath....and he only got quick rectangles of tape...sorry...
He knows that he gets his food in the tube....and this oxygen tube looks like it could carry food...so, he tries to eat it. Now...he doesn't try to eat food, just tubes!!! What a guy!!!

If you check on any of my heart babies...you'll see that they are ALL acting up. I know this week is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week....they must want us all to celebrate in the hospital...or just remind us what a CHD is...BABIES...behave...Aunt Kathy will ground you all! I hope all you guys shape up and start feeling better so your mama's can take a BREAK!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Kathy...you always make me laugh. Your Christopher story is hysterical!

That is so great that Eli is reading so well! Noah is starting to want to read so I bought him the Dick & Jane books so he can know how before he starts Kindergarten next year.

That Isaac is a stinker! I guess that whatever that O2 is doing is the fix for him...now, the question is what is the problem? I hope you see Dr. Mayman on Tuesday...that will make you feel better. That is so cute that he wants to eat his tubs, but not food...I wonder if Micah would eat a tube? Maybe we could find a way to make a tube have calories? hmmm...

It was so nice talking to you yesterday. Call me anytime you need an ear...I am always connected to my cell phone...I would say at home, but we all know better than that!

Have a wonderful weekend...try to do at least one thing for yourself that you enjoy...I am going to try to find something for myself this weekend too...so promise!

Love,
Samantha

jencooper said...

Let's see a 13 year old......yep.....I teach middle school. Those bruises hurt when you have to run a mile. One of my best friends is the gym teacher and I can't wait to tell her that story!!

I am with Samantha - maybe you could dip the tube in sugar? That is an option for Micah! That is so crazy about the O2 keeping him from wretching!

I hope that ya'll have a great day and enjoy your weekend!!

Yea Eli! Way to be a great reader!

Love,
Jen

The Portas said...

Your Chris story cracked me up. :) Good job on the reading, Eli!

You're onto something with the O2 preventing oxygen. But why???? I hope hope hope you can get some answers to that next week. What is going on, my sweet little Isaac?

Soooo funny that tubes equal eating. He's definitely a heart babe!

Well you guys have a good weekend! Take care of yourselves. I agree with Samantha...do something good for YOU!

xoxoxoxo

Grandma Judy said...

Isaac, you sure look alot better in this picture. You don't look so tired. Maybe that oxygen is working. I still say that gas fireplace is taking the oxygen out of the air. Tell mom to keep you and your oxygen AWAY from the fire!

Chris, I hope they didn't take points way for you NOT running the mile. I want you to try to keep that B. And by the way...ask MOM how many days did she miss when SHE was in school? Ask her about skipping school and going to the BEACH! She has some stories of her own!

And last Master Eli. I enjoyed listening to you read on the phone last night. You need to call Grandma Kitty Cat and read her ALL of your books. She ALWAYS said you were the smartest. Great grandma's are that way though.

Roller Family....All of you have a good weekend. As for me, I'll be off to Florida and the sunshine.
Lauren, Carter, and Abby are going with me this trip, but I promise to take you boys when you come out this way. Yes Eli, Disney World is better that Disneyland!!!!

Mandy said...

Everyone, Chris is the sweetest of them all. He takes after his Aunt Mandy. Just ask Kat, she'll agree.

Good job Isaac on freaking mom out today. I'll go out and get you some toys to bring over.

Eli, please teach Seth how to read!! I'll take you on that Sponge bob cruise.

Kelly said...

Geesh! They sure are keeping you busy. Interesting about the O2. I was hoping the throwing up was a thing of the past. Ugh!

Get some rest Momma! You need it!

Unknown said...

Man oh man, your Christopher story had me laughing so hard! I hope his leg feels better soon. Boys will be boys, wont they!

Okay, what is up with our babies and the O2? That is really interesting about the retching and O2 connection. Yes, I would definintly call your pulmo on Monday. Okay, you need to tell little man to straighten up before he starts giving me gray hairs.

Oh yeah, I tried the whole heart shapes for the tape and I couldn't get a heart if my life depended on it. I'll have to try again cause I don't like these big squares on Arianna's cheeks. I just have to put bigger pieces can she will pull on her cord when playing and I don't want to keep reapplying tape every 3 hours. I finally gave in and got some clothe tape when we saw the peds last week. It actually isn't bothering her too bad, thank God!

Well I better get some things done around the house. Its amazing how I only have 1 child but my house is a tornado...