We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, February 15, 2008

Isaac is back to snacking..well, just licking!
Still  has the crazy eyes!
Still watching Yo Gabba Gabba...all DAY!
And...he can still take off his sock!


After I snapped these pics...Isaac started choking on the cracker.  He chokes with the tiniest piece in his mouth.  So, I put my finger in his mouth to get it out...and guess what??  THERE'S A TOOTH IN THERE!!!  FINALLY...he's getting a little tooth on the bottom.  I'm so PROUD!  I didn't think he had any teeth in his head....so, of course he's slobbering MORE than normal!

Then, we went to the pulmonologist's office.  He reviewed the chest xrays with me and there is some fluid in his lungs...but, not enough to worry about.  We're going to keep him on the lasix twice a day and on the breathing treatments.  He should stay on the O2 until his sats are above 92.  So....he's going to be JUST FINE!  Dr. Nakamura said that this was probably his first cold...and this is how he manifests a cold.  CRAZY!  Only in our "heart world" huh??  I gave him a bath this morning and took off the canula to really wash his head.  By the time I got his dressed and retaped to his head...his sats were in the low 70s!   Thank goodness that we have everything at home to take care of him.

**Funny Story**
On Wednesday...when coming back home from the doctors for Eli....We pull into the garage.  I keep a canister of O2 in the van for Isaac and I just unhook him when we get home and walk in the house, and plug him up to the o2 machine in the house.  WELL, we get inside the house...I set Isaac down (he's in his carseat--because he's still small enough to fit in it)...ANYWAY....I'm getting ready to plug up Isaac's O2 and Eli starts screaming, "MOM...it hurts to breathe...I can't breathe!!  MOM...I need my breathing treatment!!!"  So...I run over to Eli (because this happened last year and I had to take him to the hospital)...and start putting the albuterol in his nebulizer to get it going and then Isaac starts crying and I look over at him and his turning blue....OH MY GOSH..I forgot to plug his O2 in...BOTH KIDS ARE SCREAMING BECAUSE THEY CAN'T BREATHE...   Lucky for the kids...I've grown 4 sets of arms...and somehow I was able to plug in Isaac AND get Eli's breathing treatment started so that they BOTH could settle down and BREATHE!
Don't tell social services on me...I promise to NEVER, EVER, AGAIN to deprive my children of the oxygen that they need....cross my heart!

AND...I'm not going to tell you the whole story...but, my knuckle-head CHRISTOPHER and his friend rode their bikes to blockbuster, chained their bikes to the tree...and then LOST the key. I had to take my two sick babies out to pick them up and leave their bikes chained to the tree until Joe could come home and get them.  

REALLY...if a television crew would follow us each day...we're BETTER than Big Brother and Survivor combined!!!  You could just call us SURVIVING WITH MY BIG BROTHER'S!!!

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day....and has a great weekend!!!  

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

9 comments:

Samantha said...

I am once again LAUGHING! You are so funny...I can picture it now...who do you plug in first? OMG...that is my ultimate fear of being on an airplane...which kid do I help first? CRAZY!
Congrats on the first tooth! What a huge milestone!

I am glad that the pulmonologist gave you a good report that you can deal with. I am sorry the little guy has a cold...no fun!

I think that we could have some kind of competition between the two of us for a reality show...though, I am pretty sure you would win...you do SO MUCH!

Micah licks his food too! What is up with that? I don't get it...don't they understand the pure and simple joy that food brings to a person?

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Samantha

Samantha said...

Oh...the Chris story is funny too! I can see it now...at least you do not live where it is FREEZING! We got a cold front today and I forgot to put Micah's coat on when we went to get Noah & Leah from school...then, he decided to take his socks off...all part of this "secret sock mafia" gang with Isaac and Elijah! I am sure that the preschool director was on the phone with CPS that exact moment!

Hugs!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OMG only YOU can make that all sound sooo funny.

I swear...

I hope everyone goes to

cnn.com/NancyGrace

and vote for you as the
extraordinary mom!

You deserve to win.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...how do you do it? Those kiddos definintly keep you on your toes.

I have to admit I'm not exactly sure what Isaac had done during his OHS, but that seems like pretty low numbers for him to be at. I'll try to go back and read up on how his anatomy is right now. I've only learned about Arianna's TOF condition, I need to educate myself more about Isaac. But I am happy the doctor feels the fluid isn't too much that he needs further intervention. I'll be keeping him in my prayers like always.

Oh by the way I was watching Discovery Health's show called "Diagnosis X" and they mentioned DiGeorge Syndrome. I was pretty shocked since not too many people have heard of it. Just thought I would share that with you.

Hope your getting some rest, or at least trying.

Take Care!

Anonymous said...

What a day!! You always have so much going on over there that YOU are going to be needing oxygen!! I'm glad you got a good report today and congrats to Isaac on the new tooth!

Have a great weekend!

~Cindy

Mandy said...

Okay, so now I'm not giving Isaac a bath Friday night. And I'll be sure that Isaac and Eli both have O2 close by!!

T n T - K n K said...

Totally had me crackin up!! ....Chris story...Eli & Isaac story! I love it.

Keep mama laughing guys! But keep the O2 & keyes handy ;-)

Grandma Judy said...

Kat,
Everyone should actually SEE you in action before they can really appreciate the story. You can't understand it all until you see it for yourself. For example how many's days have gone by since someone went to the mailbox? When was the last time someone gave Katie fresh water? Has Eli been able to do his dusting chores recently? Has the family had a dinner when everyone was there in the past month?

Like I said, you really have to see it to believe it. And oh, I forgot to mention the phone going off every hour or so to remind you of meds, appointments, etc. There's no wonder Isaac's eyes are rolling around...they are trying to keep up with YOU.

The Portas said...

Your stories crack me up, as usual. Too funny! I'm glad you have grown four arms because I have no idea how you would take care of all of that with just two!

YAY on the tooth! I hope you all get healthy and stay healthy!