We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, July 28, 2007


Isaac fell asleep while I was changing him...

That is a baseball sticker on his face...on the other side is a baseball...

Not much to report on this lovely Saturday. We're up all night with Isaac....so, we don't go down for breakfast until almost lunch time! We spent the afternoon walking around outside with the stroller (and all of our medical equipment)....I still can't get over how beautiful it is here!!! Joe is flying home tomorrow morning to check on the house and get a few days of work in...he'll fly back on Tuesday night....for surgery on Wednesday. Thanks to all my "heart mom" friends who have told me repeatedly not worry and it's not as bad as I think! If we could take Isaac to church tomorrow...we would...but, too many germs. Everyone needs to start their prayers early...for Tuesday's pre-op appointment and the big day on Wednesday. Even though he has to wear the oxygen all the time now, and eats only through the tube....you can't look at him and tell that he's so close to this heart surgery....I'm so thankful that they found the defect when they did and that we have had so much time to prepare for this day. I didn't get him in the bumbo chair today...so, I hope these quick pics will do! Thanks for checking on us!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Poor little baby,
He looks just worn out!!! Too much excitement for one day.

Hope Joe has a good trip home. Remember now they turned the AC up, so the house might be a little warm! The house sure will be lonesome without all of the rest of you there. He won't even have Katie to nibble at his feet!

Well Kat, you will be back on your own for the next couple of days. Just take it easy. Sleep every chance you get.

Give Isaac a big kiss. Believe me, we started our prayers quite a long time ago. What do you think has pulled us through this far?

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

He's just so precious...
I just want to reach thru the puter and kiss that face!!

I love him!

Prayers always!!

Not sure what kind of tests they're doing on him for pre op...

but we were able to get them to put two IV's in Matthew while he was put to sleep for the catscan.
Took him to RMH w/wrapped up IV's so he didn't have to suffer thur pokings the day of surgery.

Hugs girl! Isn't the weather great there! It is beautiful..
AND EXPENSIVE THERE!

The Portas said...

The prayers are definitely coming your way, and they won't stop. We were blessed with SO MANY prayers when Elijah went in for surgery and I know that took us a long long way. Prayer does amazing things!

I promise promise promise that it WON'T be as bad as you think on Wednesday. You'll have peace in your heart, as you will KNOW that everything will be ok. Isaac is a strong little guy and he is going to pull through like a champ.

Just a few more days and he'll be on the road to recovery. That's such a good feeling!

Enjoy the nice weather. I hear it's grossly hot in Vegas right now?? AAhhhh...just when we're going to get there for vacation! :)

The Jones Family said...

Kathy I'm here with your other two cuties and they are having lots of fun! I'm taking them to Chuck E Cheeses tomorrow and to Toys R Us to let Caleb and Eli pick up a new train...or whatever they decide.
Know that all is well here and we think of you everyday. Hang in there. EVERYTHING (including things unrelated directly to Issac) will work out...
We love you. We leave next week for WA. Yippie!
Cloe
PS You heard we're having a girl?:)

Kathy said...

I LOVE all of your comments!!! Thanks for checking on us...
We love you all!
Kathy, Joe, and boys!

Mandy said...

Come one Kat, if he's your boy he has to get used to going shopping all day and he has to stay awake. Hopefully the bumbo chair and help him get strong and start sitting up on his own. Maggie can always teach him when she come to visit. Visit Maggies blog so that you can see pics of her and Katie. We got Katies hair cut today. Sto was so excited yesterday about getting to go to the movies. It was actually pretty funny. I haven't heard him that happy and excited in a while so this vacation is doing him good. I will call later this week and see what Eli is up to. I'm sure he will have all kinds of fun stories to tell me about. Take care and I'll try to cut back to my texting.