We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, July 23, 2007






Today we had our heart cath. It was scheduled for 11:00...but, we didn't get in until 2:00. The procedure itself only took about 90 minutes and the renowned Dr. Perry performed the cath. He said it went as expected. They did note that there has been significant narrowing of the collaterals since last months cath. The desat spells that Isaac is experiencing are tet spells. He isn't considered a true TET, because he has the collateral arteries (that send extra blood to his lungs), but, he also isn't considered a true Tet with Mapcas because the stent is placed in his valve, causing it not to function...thus, giving us a baby that has tet spells and is at rick for too much blood flow to the lungs (wow....we'll be ready for med school soon!!!). He made it off the vent great...well..he was CRANKY and his heart rate wouldn't get below 200 (it's usually 150)...so, nothing that a double dose of valium can't cure!!! It's 9pm and he's just finishing up his first feed of milk (let's hope he tolerates it well)...he had horrible wretching after waking up from the cath...and they gave him zofram to settle his stomach. He's sleeping now...with orders to get tylenol every 4 hours. We have a new roommate...and it's actually another heart mom that I email. What a CRAZY world!!! I was able to get sleep last night in the motel (yes...MOtel...not the luxorious HOtel that we've been so accustomed to...it looks as though some priorites may need to change if we're going to be here for a while!) The boys sounded excited to be headed on vacation. They take off close to midnight..I hope they behave!!! Mandy sent me a video of Katie and Maggie...they look like they are having a blast...I wish I was there! Joe gets to spend the night in the motel tonight. When I checked in with the Ronald McDonald House,....we were number 8 on the list...but, they said they were hoping to get us a room by the end of the week! That would be great and a huge relief!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad everything went okay today. I'm also glad that mom talked you into getting a motel room. We all know how much you need your sleep. I understand that you always need/want to be with Isaac but you need a break sometimes. I called Vegas this afternoon and gave them a weather update for AZ. We are having bad weather and so I'm sure they are having fun flyinh thru it. I hope you are able to get into the RMH this week. It's also great that your roommate is someone that you have been email. That should make things better in the area for you. You will have someone other then Joe to talk with all the time. Take care.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh.. I so hope you get into RMH...
it's a great place... especially for $10 a day....
and it has washer/dryers!!

Anyhoo...
I was always told that Magoo was considered a "pink tet" because of the MAPCA's and too much blood flow... but...

he did start turning "eggplant" right before his surgery b/c his lungs were so saturated ....

I can not say I was surprised to hear about the narrowing!!
So, hopefully they won't try to kick you out again!!

Glad you have a roommate that you e~know!

I'll be back to check on you guys..

oh.. and I got a kick out of that red wagon... that's how we used to take Matthew to his procedures the second time we were there...
sooo funny!!!!

I told my RT friend there to come see you when she's back on duty..
her name is Margo!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

You know.... he's going to be so much better after his surgery...

it's going to be great!!!!!!!


Just you wait... he'll be just like a normal little boy... and
no more blue spells!!!

Unknown said...

Would Ronald McDonald speed up for you if we showed him all our big mac reciepts.

James said...

Hey,
We are glad that all is going okay. Zofran is some good stuff; that is what I took when I was pregnant! Is that what they transport the babies in/on (a wagon?) That is SO CUTE :) Take care and can't wait to hear when they are planning to do surgery. The sooner the BETTER. Love, The McKeel's

The Portas said...

I really hope you guys can get into the Ronald McDonald House soon. That will relieve some major stress for you guys.

I'm sooo anxious for you to get this first surgery behind you! Things will be tons better after that. Soon, very soon!

Hang in there. You guys are doing great. Give that sweet little man a kiss for me...he is so dang cute!

Grandma Judy said...

Wow,
I can't believe all the comments that have been made already. Guess Old Grandma here is just too slow.
I noticed 2 different things in the pictures.....Joe with hair, and Joe with normal clothes on. I'm so use to seeing him in white shirt and tie.
I liked that comment about big mac reciepts.
I'm glad too that Kat found Terri, or however the two of you connected. It's nice having that little "voice of experience" whispering in the background. Terri we love you, even we don't know you!
Now for you Baby Isaac. Grandpa is still calling you "Icky". He doesn't do it to be mean, that's just the name he can remember. Even when he says his prayers to Heavenly Father, he still calls you as Icky. Maybe your first words will be "I'm NOT Icky".
I hope all 3 of you have a good day. If you NEED anything, just let us know. I can't wait until the docs meet on Wednesday to decide surgery for out little one.
Love you all,
MOM

Mandy said...

I think that you have my wagon at your house still so you can just use it when you get home. I will go find it and clean it if you want. Come one Kat, where are new pics? Sweet talk the doc so that they will move up the surgery. Isaac needs to be home for his big brothers birthday.